Lenovo Thinkpad 10 Tablet Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Lenovo (IBM)' started by Bloody Nokia Adept, Apr 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darkmagistric

darkmagistric Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

Hold on....back up back up there........is this a joke or something?

where on earth did you order a total of 8 units so far? not that I'm doubting you, it's just that outside of this forum, I can't imagine there are other online contingents of Tablet PC enthusiasts who would invest such pre release interest in a tablet......and none of us have been able to find any remote trace of this tablet actually being for sale anywhere......and yet you've been able to order 8 thus far?

And you mention "we" are you a business partner of Lenovo or a large scale corporate buyer with a really well connected Lenovo sales rep?

In any case though....I have many questions

1. Can you install Photoshop CS5 or higher along with the Wacom Feel it Driver? If you can do that I would love to see how the pen performs on Photoshop with pressure sensitivity with large canvas and brushes.

2. How long can the battery last using the pen nonstop with full screen brightness?

3. Can you download the benchmark Software PC Mark 7 and get a performance score

4. Any problems with starting it up....like does it hang on a blank black screen or does the keyboard not pop up for the password login for windows? (It's predesecor the TPT2 is prone to all sorts of glitches of the sort)

2. edaniels

edaniels Scribbler - Standard Member

1. whats your overall first impression on the unit? built and quality of it?

2. did you have the tp2t before and hows the performance upgrade feel...

3. when u expected to get the accessories?

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk

3. Fastestflash

Fastestflash Pen Pal - Newbie

Lol maddigital, you've quickly made new friends and created some work for yourself.

Hey guys, this is my first post, but I've been following you since before the thread was moved here from the original thread. Thanks for all the info, pics, and speculation. It's definitely kept me coming back. Now that the surface pro 3 has been announced I've been swayed to pre order on of those bad boys instead. Especially after hearing little bits of bad news here and there about the tp10 not a single one a deal breaker, but together enough to discourage me.

Saw spinedoc on macrumors. What's up dude? Finally decided to create an account here. Hopfully I can contribute somehow as well.

I know it's not the right thread to post this in, but considering the traffic here and that many of you are also thinkpad tablet 2 owners I was hoping you guys could help me. I created a recovery drive and deleted the recovery partitions months ago. Last week I tried to reinstall a fresh copy of windows on it in anticipation of the SP3 but something got messed up and I got a "missing files" error message, seeing how the recovery media I had was the only way I had to reinstall a fresh copy of windows I panicked and ended up making it worse by pressing the little reset button on the bottom. Now I'm stuck on this bio screen at start up with no way to get out. Please oh please someone help me.

4. edaniels

did a troll visit..or we gonna get some updates....lol

5. maddigital

maddigital Pen Pal - Newbie

Sorry guys.. I do have a corporate job and one of my many responsibilities is mobile device evaluation. In my position I am doing what many are which is evaluating the devices that have potential to consolidate a business purchased tablet and Windows laptop into one device. I have either purchased or obtained on loan many devices from Android to Windows 8 that hit the market in the US and review and test them for my organization.

With that said I have been testing all Win8 x86/x64 devices that can run Windows 8.1 enterprise that have features that meet the business need. I currently have a large collection of devices to understand each manufacturer's design and engineering to the Intel reference design for the released devices and some unreleased 2014/2015 devices. To name a few Lenovo: Helix, Thinkpad Yoga, x1 carbon, Tablet 2, Miix 2 10, tablet 8, X240/T440 Touch : Dell Venue Pro 11 i5 & Atom, XPS 12 : HP Elitepad 900 G2, Elitepad 1000 G2, Samsung ATiv, Asus T100, Surface Pro, 2, 3 etc... Cant talk about the devices that are to come.. but to the questions..

Today with all that was going on, we (my team) was able to get two imaged with Windows 8 enterprise but ran into some snags as we were using the tablet 2 image we built and it has major driver differences that we had to roll back and didnt get fully solved by end of day. We are trying to limit the amount of time put into the 32bit version with the 64 bit one coming as we are dropping 32bit support. Also not having accessories was a PITA and Thinkvantage system update doesn't even recognize the device yet.

I buy multiple as the devices are imaged up and loaned out to different people for evaluation and experience testing. Some accessories should arrive tomorrow or Thursday and by that time I should have some imaged up with my software. I can install photoshop along with the basic Office 2010 suite ( i am avoiding 2013 until the new version is released for touch) , I will answer more questions about the device when I get some time running software that is equivalent to what I am running on the other devices.

Initial impression,, the device's plastic creeks a bit.. not sure if thats because this is one of the first off the manufacturing line that was shipped to an order, I still have to open 2 of the devices so I will try and take picture of the unboxing for those who care. Performance is on par with others with the similar 32bit chipset with 2gb ram.. cant say that i feel any difference to the Miix2 10 at this time. Im more curious to see what 4gb ram does with all the corporate software running. Screen seems crisper and brighter than the Miix 2 10 and the Tablet 2.

For those asking.. no I cannot disclose my pricing which is discounted for my organization but it is cheaper than retail.

That is all for now..

Mad

JoeS likes this.
  6. maddigital

maddigital Pen Pal - Newbie

My posts are still delayed and reviewed I guess until I have more posts under my belt

7. edaniels

I guess the thinkpad 10 is so great. .he hasnt had a chance to check back in

JoeS likes this.
  8. dpeters8445

dpeters8445 Pen Pal - Newbie

It seems like since the announcement of the Surface 3, that it kind of killed a lot of the interest in the thinkpad 10. Lenovo needs to announce pricing and availability ASAP.

I am still interested in the thinkpad 10 mainly do to its size. As nice as the Surface 3 is, I feel that the Surface 3 is going to be too big to be used as a mobile tablet for my tastes anyway.

9. JoeS

JoeS I'm all ears Senior Member

That sounds like tablet heaven.. So even though you can't talk about unreleased hardware, maybe you can comment on one thing. Next to that impressive collection of current tablets, do you feel that any of the unreleased devices that you work with are serious competitors to the likes of the SP3? Because man, that SP3 looks like a fine piece of engineering. You probably can't say, but hey, doesn't hurt to ask.

10. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn ***** is back Senior Member

Just out of curiousity, after the Snowden leaks and NSA snooping is that something that is now part of your evaluation strategy?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.