Lenovo Thinkpad 10 Tablet Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Lenovo (IBM)' started by Bloody Nokia Adept, Apr 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. markj

markj Pen Pal - Newbie

Haha, I've just found that for actually doing work my X61T is just about perfect in size, 12" that is (and from work I have a T440s and Thinkpad 8 but more often than not I use the X61T, the wacom helps of course). I just wished that it was lighter and had longer battery life, that's all. So now it seems that except for the omission of a trackpoint, the Surface Pro 3 is almost exactly what I wanted the Thinkpad 10 to be... kudos to Microsoft.

2. dpeters8445

dpeters8445 Pen Pal - Newbie

So are we absolutely sure that the sp3 won't have an LTE model?

3. rwerksman

rwerksman Scribbler - Standard Member

No details today on it. It looks like the i7 model wont even be available until August 20th. Considering how long it took to bring out the Suface 2 LTE, it's highly doubtful.... unfortunately.

4. edaniels

edaniels Scribbler - Standard Member

I wish lenovo would release the prices for the thinkpad10.... I like how microsoft did that today.....

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk

5. WuBoy

WuBoy Scribbler - Standard Member

I saw a video on Youtube that said it would be $499.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jety86DFiBw

I honestly don't even think the LT10 and SP3 are competitors. The LT10 seems like a true tablet, and coincidentally exactly what I was looking for a few months ago. The SP3 is a full computer in tablet form. There is an appropriate gap in cost there too.

6. edaniels

edaniels Scribbler - Standard Member

$499 will be base model without the pen..im want to know the others as .. im not interested in that base model. ... i liked how microsoft gave the pricing of the various surface 3 already ....

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk

7. samjambo

samjambo Pen Pal - Newbie

$ 499 will be for the 32gb model not the 64gb model. Other specs are similar to the base 64gb model.

8. Bloody Nokia Adept

Bloody Nokia Adept Trackpoint Diehard

My own comparison checklist TP10T vs SP3:
    * screen: 10" 16:10 vs 12" 3:2 -- thanks to the screen ratio, SP3 wins!
    * weight: 600 vs 800 -- TP10T wins!
    * pen: wacom vs surface pen (n-trig?) -- parity, none of them have silo :mad:
    * cpu: atom vs icore -- depend, but if 9 hours of battery life of SP3 come really true then SP3 wins!
    * storage: emmc vs ssd -- SP3 wins!
    * wwan: opt vs none -- TP10T wins!
    * ports: USB2.0/microSD/microHDMI vs USB3.0/microSD/miniDisplayPort -- SP3 wins!
    * keyboard-folio: 5-row/no-backlit/membrane vs 6-row/backlit/mechanical -- SP3 wins!
    * bells-n-whistles: none vs kick-stand -- SP3 wins!

OMG, final result is 6:2 and SP3 wins!

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2015
    JoeS likes this.
  9. Bloody Nokia Adept

Bloody Nokia Adept Trackpoint Diehard

A bunch of technical details is coming!

* Drivers and software - ThinkPad 10 -- default OS is Windows 8.1 32bit, meantime the minimum supported OS is Windows XP and you can install there following utils: Lenovo Power Management Driver, ThinkPad Setup Settings Capture/Playback Utility and Auto Scroll Utility -- old-fashion fans should be more than happy :D

* User Guide - ThinkPad 10 -- a lot of interesting user experience stuff. must read.

* FRU Bill of Material - ThinkPad 10 -- interesting finding in the motherboards chapter (planar): if I read correctly then all mobos are WWAN-ready and there is a mobo distinction by 32-bit and 64-bit OS support. as well screen chapter (touch panels) reveals optional touch-only panels that won't support any digitizer pen -- beware when opting a config to buy!

* Safety, Warranty, and Setup Guide - ThinkPad 10

Still looking forward to find HMM aka Hardware Maintenance Manual to collect the "full straight" of Lenovo's technical docs on the subject :cool:

10. dceggert

dceggert Owner of a TabletPC Museum Senior Member

Nice start! Now you need to add different weighting factors to each feature. For instance the USB3 vs. USB2 carries the same priority as screen ratio. Also, that weighting factor needs to be adjusted based on a specific usage intention. Good start on an objective process! :cool:

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.