Lenovo Thinkpad 10 Tablet Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Lenovo (IBM)' started by Bloody Nokia Adept, Apr 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spinedoc77

spinedoc77 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I see the opposite, I think it's a great move. But both you and I are not typical consumers, so who knows what the market will buy, it sure seems like they are not rushing out to buy the current Pro though. My opinion also depends on the specs, thinness and weight primarily. The rumors also say a smaller bezel, so the larger screen may not impact the size that much. If it has a reasonable weight to it then I'm sold, I definitely want a bigger screen, especially seeing as how my Note 3 has taken over a lot of my tablet functions.

2. lin8810

lin8810 Pen Pal - Newbie

After 54 pages, I am still kind of confused........if I don't care 4g, keyboard, trackpoint, and all other fancy stuff, only need Wacom and Bay-Trail CPU for office/handwritten purpose, which one is better? Q584 vs TPT10

3. spinedoc77

spinedoc77 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Q584 has better resolution and probably will be cheaper than the TPT10, although we haven't seen their direct to consumer pricing yet. The Q584 is only available in white though, which might be a negative.

4. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

Q584 has a silo for its pen. A better keyboard solution. Better resolution. Is waterproof when properly assembled. And, is available almost everywhere at $100 off. I suspect that discounts will get better, as the Fuji is getting deeper into its product cycle. Early construction problems seem to have been addressed. I'm not sure if the sound/headphone issue was resolved.

The Thinkpad 10 is black and more attractive. The TP10 comes with Thinkpad service in the US. It remains untested and undeliverable ATM.

Advantage Fujitsu IMO.

dceggert likes this.
  5. edaniels

edaniels Scribbler - Standard Member

advantage fujistu for already being available. and solid specs

but I think it will be an interesting comparison once tp10 is out.

pricing of the tp10 is still vague at this point...

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk

6. markj

markj Pen Pal - Newbie

Hmm, so what are the advantages of the Thinkpad Tablet 10 over the Surface Pro 3 now? Fanless, Wacom instead of N-trig...

7. JoeS

JoeS I'm all ears Senior Member

Still about half a pound lighter and probably something like $200 cheaper for the equivalent storage model. The TP10 does offer LTE connectivity over the SP3 which is key for some. Amazingly the SP3 is almost exactly the same thickness, which is pretty darned impressive!

Still, having seen the SP3, its higher power, similar battery life, bigger screen, and kickstand make the SP3 the obvious choice for me.

8. Gophynna

Gophynna Pen Pal - Newbie

It's tempting to me as well. What's the different in weight between the two? I still LOVE the idea of lte on a tablet.

9. kneehowguys

kneehowguys Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I swear to god markj is not a duplicate account of mine. He just sounds like me.

You know I could have sworn a year ago people were saying that 12 inch tablets were a dumb idea, would be way too uncomfortable to hold. So in 2012 maybe the advantage we woulda said is that 10 inches is mobile and 12 inches is not mobile.

10. JoeS

JoeS I'm all ears Senior Member

See this Excel table.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.