Lenovo Thinkpad 10 Tablet Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Lenovo (IBM)' started by Bloody Nokia Adept, Apr 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JoeS

JoeS I'm all ears Senior Member

Happens to the best of us. Just remember to sign a prenup / check the return policy.

2. bloodycape

bloodycape confused Senior Member

Yes, the usb 2.0 port is a real bummer considering even Android phones and tablets(and possibly RT devices) are now getting usb 3.0 support. The cpu is more the same, would have been nice if it was the Pentium based Atom cpu to differentiate it from the other 10in devices in this class. Then again that would mean it a thicker device to accommodate a larger battery seeing as the Pentium Atom cpu's efficiency isn't as good(but the thought of a SSD option larger than 128gb is tempting).

3. jnjroach

jnjroach Technology Strategist Super Moderator

Pentium would also lose the ability to use Connected Standby...this one is at least using the 64bit SoC so it supports 4GB of RAM, I know same as the HP ElitePad 1000

bloodycape likes this.
  4. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

So why are they putting a 32bit OS on it?

5. jnjroach

missed that...not sure other than it was possible that when they created the Gold Image they didn't have time to test the x64 version that supports S0iX...

6. soh5

soh5 Wait and Hope (Bronsky et al.) Senior Member

Better battery life and slimmer profile. Not to mention, Lenovo's keyboards have always been the best in the mobile industry. Their screens are never their selling point however.

Why does the ThinkPad 8 have USB 3.0 but the ThinkPad 10 have USB 2.0? Does not make sense to me at all.

7. jnjroach

Surface Pro 2 with battery cover is 3lbs same as an Ultrabook, Power Cover makes it a great laptop but not a great tablet. 10" 16:10 makes for a good canvas for we rapid "give us inking or give us death..." assuming Lenovo sticks with Wacom. BayTrail should deliver 10-14 hours of battery life in slate form, well until people start loading legacy software on it and breaking Connected Standby. It looks like a ThinkPad and business people find matte black productivity devices sexy...

8. soh5

soh5 Wait and Hope (Bronsky et al.) Senior Member

I think ThinkPad devices look amazing. Sorry but white, silver, orange just looks awful and just does not look sexy. But then again I do like the look of black.

9. vlad0

vlad0 Pen Pal - Newbie

The bazel :(

Where is that awesome Intel SmartFrame tech they showed a while ago ? I think the reference design was called northcape

10. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

That's why I buy ThinkPads.:cool:

Last edited: Apr 8, 2014
    soh5 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.