Lenovo Thinkpad 10 Tablet Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Lenovo (IBM)' started by Bloody Nokia Adept, Apr 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JoeS

JoeS I'm all ears Senior Member

It will be blacker.

dstrauss, dceggert, Bronsky and 2 others like this.
  2. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

What's with the 32 bit OS? Hardware should be a new 64bit Atom. And, the price ... wow! Of course, that is with the pen, LTE and EU excise taxes (VAT)

Thinkpad service by IBM.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2014
  3. JoeS

I did, and it brought me to this thread. :)

As an aside, no display connector at all? DVI, HDMI?

4. Bloody Nokia Adept

Bloody Nokia Adept Trackpoint Diehard

Obviously, it is a great thread and google knows it and points you here instead of somewhere else over the internet. Just kidding.
    I'm an European, and google found TP10T somewhere in Europe, not US. That's the only explanation I've got to my mind why US-googlers are not finding anything yet. Probably, few days later search results will be migrated from Europe to North America. Who knows...

It is just a lack of details at this early stage. Let's wait for the additional leaks. I would not speculate on that now.

5. Bloody Nokia Adept

Hey, Bronsky, did you see that?! May 5th! In a month from now! Oh, Gosh, it will be the longest month...

6. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

Don't want to burst your bubble, but the TP8 was first "available" in January (I think the 28th). There is "available" and there is "available".:rolleyes:

Hope I'm wrong BTW. Would love to see some competition for the Q584 and HP E1000.

7. Bloody Nokia Adept

Yeah... sad story... Lenovo, don't let me lose on that bet! And may TP10T get available on May 5th :D

8. Mac jones

Mac jones Scribbler - Standard Member

Great news!

Let's see, the ETA is in about a month or two, internet time, which translates to about a year Lenovo time. That sound about right?

Of course that's assuming it even will ever exist, which is not even likely considering their track record.

I'm not instilled with great confidence.

Of course hope stings eternal here. I'm all for that actually. I'm a very positive person. Go Lenovo :)

I'm sure this thread will now expand for hundreds of pages and go through all the usual stages. First speculation. Then the pre-order stage filled with great expectation. Then the waiting (more speculation and excitement. Fun stuff. Then the delays. Then more delays and cancellations. Finally there's the 'Im moving on' stage. This goes on for a while until they announce Thinkpad ***.

ships10, dceggert, Bronsky and 4 others like this.
  9. dceggert

dceggert Owner of a TabletPC Museum Senior Member

All the hype only goes to show how anything 'new' appears to be so exciting. If the present offerings were not so far from the bullseye it would be different. I remember the hype over the Helix as well and when it finally hit the market it was so obsolete that people had moved on. With Microsoft announcing the 'free' Windows for 8" and less devices recently I expect that market to heat up and become less expensive in the process (especially if Office Home & Student continues to be included). As a result, I expect the consumer attention to move to 8" and smaller devices and leaving the 10" to the business side of things...in other words, go back to ho-hum sales and eventual reductions in offerings.

Sorry for being pessimistic but the spec list does not sound all that exciting for a device so late to market. If Lenovo even tries to pull a Synaptics or Atmel 'active-capacitive' nonsensical digitizer on this you can kiss it goodbye.

dstrauss, Bronsky and dellaster like this.
  10. JoeS

Also known as the five stages of Gadget Grief. :)

dstrauss, Bronsky and lonaysta like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.