Lenovo Thinkpad 10 Tablet Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Lenovo (IBM)' started by Bloody Nokia Adept, Apr 8, 2014.

1. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

That's basically meaningless for Lenovo these days. Just check with the people who've been waiting months for their T8s.

2. Bloody Nokia Adept

Bloody Nokia Adept Trackpoint Diehard

Being the same Thinkpad fan as you, I'd say Lenovo is doing hack too many meaningless steps last couple of years reaping the legendary brand... And you know, if for the first time these years they will be launching sales pipeline simultaneously with the announcement (thanks to Apple) then I would not blame them -- that's really great! But, still, that's Lenovo and they still can screw the things up and delay it once again :confused:

3. cookies4you

cookies4you Scribbler - Standard Member

For some reason, I was anticipating a ThinkPad (Tablet) 11 with a Haswell Y processor.

Still, this looks pretty good. With 4 GB of RAM and BayTrail, it'll make a fine successor to the TPT2.

4. JoeS

JoeS I'm all ears Senior Member

SOLD! :D

The usual question: is there a silo on the slate, and are there snazzy keyboard covers? Still, this sounds like I might be going back to the two-device solution soon. A tablet, and a tablet.

5. Bloody Nokia Adept

Yeah... I'm wondering that too. Hope silo is there.

BTW, will this pic sold you twice? :D

tp10t.jpg

6. JoeS

JoeS I'm all ears Senior Member

Is that to be able to achieve 'tent mode'? :) By the way, if this picture is accurate, the sharper lower corners make it look like a keyboard dock will be available. It looks a lot like the asymmetric shape of the Helix.

7. Bloody Nokia Adept

Who knows... These are all leaks for now... Hopefully, Lenovo will publish user guide or maintenance guide somewhere in the public soon.

I've noticed Helix similarities too. If TP10T will be a Helix on Bay Trail then this will be really-really great but I'm afraid wondering too far...

8. dceggert

dceggert Owner of a TabletPC Museum Senior Member

Yes, the wondering may have gone a bit too far. Helix is 16:9 and this Thinkpad 10 is 16:10. That tells me that the design of this new device is made to be a tablet that has a dockable keyboard as opposed to a convertible ultabook that can undock to be a tablet. The two design directions converge but are actually 180 degrees from each other.

9. kneehowguys

kneehowguys Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

How is it better than fuji q548?

- will it be thinner?

How is it worse than fuji q548?

- Probably won't have adjustable angle. Fuji is the only company with keyboard case w/ adjustable angle. Will anyone else do that or think of a more clever solution? I feel like that solution is the best you can do.

- Is 33wh battery significantly less than fuji in practice?

- less rugged probably

BTW are there universal docks that are cheaper and better than the ones company provides say for the fuji q548 is it better to buy their dock or find a more universal one?

10. JoseGonzales

JoseGonzales Pen Pal - Newbie

"20C1000M" works

Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 10 (20C1000M) 10.1" FHD, Intel Atom Z3795 1.6GHz, 4GB RAM, 128GB Flash, Integrated Graphics, 802.11 abgn / BT 4.0/3G LTE, fingerprint, Micro SD, SmartCard, Digitizer + Pen, W8.1 PRO 32
    MPN Code: 20C1000MMH
    Manufacturer: LENOVO
    Warranty: 12 month(s).
    Available from Available from: 2014-05-05 (S1)
    Price: 959.22 €

Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 10 (20C1000M) 10.1" FHD, Intel Atom Z3795 1.6GHz, 4GB RAM, 128GB Flash, Integrated Graphics, 802.11 abgn / BT 4.0/3G LTE, fingerprint, Micro SD, SmartCard, Digitizer + Pen, W8.1 PRO 32 - 20C1000MMH - Tablet computers - reBuild.