Lenovo Thinkpad 10 Tablet Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Lenovo (IBM)' started by Bloody Nokia Adept, Apr 8, 2014.

1. HJK

HJK Scribbler - Standard Member

I have the same question--what's a good spare pen for a *first gen* EMR TP10 spare/replacement? I've found that just
    buying any old EMR pen off of Amazon or swapping out with a device from another Wacom EMR tablet doesn’t necessarily work well.

2. HJK

Thanks, Imransaeed and selofain. This helps me as well.

imransaeed likes this.
  3. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

HJK likes this.
  4. Steve B

Steve B Moderator Moderator

I have the TT10 gen 1 with EMR. Still my daily secndaey device. I wish I had 4g, and that it had more pep. Some basic tasks are still a little slow on it, and anything with even minor heft (photoshop, certain tasks on Squarespace, etc) make it choke.

I wonder if this gen 2 has a good enough bump in CPU power to be worth the upgrade. ??? I'd have onlove to AES, but I do ok on my TY14 with AES. Prefer EMR, but it might be worth it if I could get 4g and a good enough CPU. There's still rally no other competitor in the 10" windows tablet range, as far as I can tell.

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

HJK likes this.
  5. FZelle

FZelle Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

It really depends on which version you have.
    I have a TP8 with the Z3795, 4GB RAM and 128GB eMMC and it is leaps and bounds faster in real live then the Dell V8P with the Z3740 and 2GB RAM.
    The 4GB make a hell of a difference.
    https://www.cpubenchmark.net/compare.php?cmp[]=2968&cmp[]=2273&cmp[]=2115
    Here you can see the difference in raw power on the Z3770, Z3795 and Z8750.
    The Z8 has a much faster GPU, but it needs more batterie.

WillAdams likes this.
  6. HJK

If you're OK with paying $70-$100 for the hardware, cracking open the case, and diying it, you can convert your TP 10.1 1st gen into a 4G device. I'm thinking about doing it to mine. There's info. on how to do it in one of these threads, though I don't have the time to dig it up for you right now. If LTE is really what you want, that may be the way to go for you.

WillAdams likes this.
  7. HJK

Reposting from the AVTN8 Owner's lounge:

So I’ve tried two EMR pens on my Thinkpad 10 and AVTN8 that have had similar issues—when I hold the pen close to the screen but a couple millimeters (or more) away from the screen, it writes as if it is touching the screen. One pen does it all the time, the other does it intermittently. Is there any way to fix this issue? One is a Lifebook pen from Ebay and the other is a generic pen supposed to be compatible with various Thinkpad EMR models from Amazon.

I’ve tried both pens with my Thinkpad 10, and they have the same problem there. It would be great if there is a way to fix this problem. If not, I hope the EBay vendor is willing to do a refund.

8. mastermpser

mastermpser Pen Pal - Newbie

After Thinkpad 10 redstone 3 updates,

When power supply conneting to thinkpad, touch screen and pen connecting is very good

but thinkpad 10 use their own battery, (power supply no connected), hand touch and pen is no cognition.

Is anyone with the same problem as my thinkpad 10??

9. MattLanham

MattLanham Pen Pal - Newbie

I unfortunately have a very similar issue. With mains power, everything is fine. When running on battery, touch works fine on the login screen, but then fails to work when in Windows proper. Pen works fine (Wacom bamboo). Was annoyed with that problem, so rolled back to the previous version. Two nights later, the update was forced again. Similar issue, but this time touch works for about 60 seconds after disconnecting from mains. Then it fails. Rolled back again.

10. FZelle

FZelle Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I have the same with my TP8.
    Unfortunately I have it running with the insider preview and caught the reason to late.
    I was thinking about reinstalling, but if it is on the regular W10, I have to investigate a little more.

Is it a Windows Update or a driver update?