Lenovo Thinkpad 10 Tablet Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Lenovo (IBM)' started by Bloody Nokia Adept, Apr 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HJK

HJK Scribbler - Standard Member

Reposting from the AVTN8 Owner's lounge:

So I’ve tried two EMR pens on my Thinkpad 10 and AVTN8 that have had similar issues—when I hold the pen close to the screen but a couple millimeters (or more) away from the screen, it writes as if it is touching the screen. One pen does it all the time, the other does it intermittently. Is there any way to fix this issue? One is a Lifebook pen from Ebay and the other is a generic pen supposed to be compatible with various Thinkpad EMR models from Amazon.

I’ve tried both pens with my Thinkpad 10, and they have the same problem there. It would be great if there is a way to fix this problem. If not, I hope the EBay vendor is willing to do a refund.

2. mastermpser

mastermpser Pen Pal - Newbie

After Thinkpad 10 redstone 3 updates,

When power supply conneting to thinkpad, touch screen and pen connecting is very good

but thinkpad 10 use their own battery, (power supply no connected), hand touch and pen is no cognition.

Is anyone with the same problem as my thinkpad 10??

3. MattLanham

MattLanham Pen Pal - Newbie

I unfortunately have a very similar issue. With mains power, everything is fine. When running on battery, touch works fine on the login screen, but then fails to work when in Windows proper. Pen works fine (Wacom bamboo). Was annoyed with that problem, so rolled back to the previous version. Two nights later, the update was forced again. Similar issue, but this time touch works for about 60 seconds after disconnecting from mains. Then it fails. Rolled back again.

4. FZelle

FZelle Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I have the same with my TP8.
    Unfortunately I have it running with the insider preview and caught the reason to late.
    I was thinking about reinstalling, but if it is on the regular W10, I have to investigate a little more.

Is it a Windows Update or a driver update?

5. FZelle

FZelle Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

6. MattLanham

MattLanham Pen Pal - Newbie

The other night, it force installed the update again. This time it has worked and I've had zero issues. It may have taken three attempts and nearly a month, but it ended up okay in the end.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.