Lenovo Thinkpad 10 Tablet Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Lenovo (IBM)' started by Bloody Nokia Adept, Apr 8, 2014.

1. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

I replaced my old Thinkpad X301 Notebook with a Surface 3 (same X7-Z8700 Atom as the TP10). Been using it as my daily driver and docked at work for over two years now.

WillAdams likes this.
  2. nvyglazov

nvyglazov Pen Pal - Newbie

It is not a problem to use thp10 with docking station. I have to say, I am using my thp10 for more than 4 years now. But it too slow, my X220t which is 4 years older than thp10 is still faster than thp10. This days low price range laptops would easily over power thp10.
    Though, is it really necessary to buy docking station?

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

3. imransaeed

imransaeed Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi all,
    You guys are so helpful and this thread is very helpfull as well. Thanks for that.

I just bought a TPT10 for only £50. Its used but serves the purpose. I bought this to take notes in class. I have a separate i5 laptop for homework. So this seemed the cheapest option. So for its been a good experience as I only use OneNote.

I only need a little bit of your help to buy a compatible stylus/pen, a spare one. I couldn't find any post stating which pen/stylus are compatible. I understand it has to be wacom penabled.

So I am going for this one
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GENUINE-S...727424&hash=item1c897a4e72:g:OTQAAOSwFqNZUBhB
    or
    This
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Digitizer...565258?hash=item3ac31d114a:g:gvAAAOSwQNRXLcCt

Please let me know if these will work with TPT10. Or any compatible stylus available.

Best Regards
    Imran Saeed

HJK likes this.
  4. seeyar

seeyar Pen Pal - Newbie

There are two generations of TPT10 with EMR and AES digitizer technologies respectively. Former has battery-free pen and latter has battery powered pen. Some of the former tablet models came without built in digitizer too. You should be able to tell the type from the 10 digit type id of your tablet.

5. imransaeed

I have TP10 first gen, with EMR (as the pen I am using right now has no batteries). Yes it has a digitizer. Any idea the above two pens (I have posted the link) are compatible with TPT10?

6. nvyglazov

nvyglazov Pen Pal - Newbie

Use genuine non battery stylus from lenovo.
    Some wacom styluses simply does not work on tpt10, I have end up buying thinkpad one.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

7. Selofain

Selofain Chronic Lurker

The s-pen will work, but it won't be very fun. It will have an offset. You could probably calibrate it to work, but then you couldn't use the pen you're using now.

This will work.

This thread has an excellent discussion about the kinds of Wacom pens that will work. I'd personally recommend something like the Fujitsu Lifebook pens, as they'll have two side buttons and an eraser.

8. imransaeed

Thanks for your reply. I will buy the Thinkpad digitizer then.

9. imransaeed

Are you recommending this one?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-Genui...694734?hash=item1ecac1744e:g:EZIAAOSwnipWUKP6

10. Selofain

Selofain Chronic Lurker

imransaeed likes this.