Lenovo Thinkpad 10 Tablet Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Lenovo (IBM)' started by Bloody Nokia Adept, Apr 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. epb

epb Pen Pal - Newbie

Do you mean the Ultrabook keyboard? If so, yep; I got one of the last few offered on Amazon. I've been using a Microsoft bluetooth keyboard but have been a little annoyed with keyboard lag when it runs low on battery and how, even though it's pretty compact, it's a separate thing to carry. I'm hoping this eliminates those issues, though so far not much luck on the former - still a bit laggy.

2. Bishop

Bishop Keeper of Odd Knowledge Senior Member

Bronsky:

Just looking at the Lenovo site. The processor description for the TPT 10 available now is:

Intel Atom x7-Z8700 Processor

Is that the processor you've been waiting for?

3. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

The TP10 will be getting the X7-Z8550. I'm sticking with my X7-Z8700 Surface 3 until somebody puts a Core M in a 10" tablet.

ships10 and jeek like this.
  4. Bishop

Bishop Keeper of Odd Knowledge Senior Member

I've been waiting to see if Microsoft would replace the Surface 3 with a Surface 4 or something along those lines.

5. HJK

HJK Scribbler - Standard Member

I just bought a TP 10 4gb/128gb from ebay and I have some questions as I try to get the most out of this nice little machine. This thread appears to be dead, so I may post my questions elsewhere.
    My device has a sim-card slot, but I went to the Verizon store to see if it was compatible with Verizon. An hour later and we couldn't get the thing to recognize the sim card or find any drivers that would appear to support a sim card reader. Now the fact that it has a spring loaded sim card slot that fits Verizon's micro-sim card like a glove would seem to me to indicate that it has LTE capability. Does anyone have any idea how I can get the sim reader up and running? We tried downloading some Sierra Wireless drivers (EM7345), but that didn't work.
    Any help?
    Thanks!

6. Steve B

Steve B Moderator Moderator

I have one of these with the keyboard and love it. All of them come with the SIM card slot, but only those that are labled as "LTE" have the option of getting cell service. For everyone else it doesn't work. You could probably figure it out by finding your model and or serial number and looking it up with Lenovo.

I have often wondered if there was a way to open the device up and put the card for the 4g in it, so the SIM card would work, but even if you could get the back open, it would need to have the wires waiting there for you to attach the card to. I don't know if the Thinkpad 10 does or not.

HJK likes this.
  7. HJK

Thanks for taking the time to respond. That's weird! Why install a sim card slot if there is no LTE capability? *pffffffft* That's a let down.

OK, so on to my next questions:

1) Anyone know the best way to get replacement nibs for the pen?

2) I'd like to purchase a reasonably priced charging cable to have a second cable on hand. Any advice?

3) And is there a way to get a replacement battery? I've not been able to find any on ebay. I've read that the battery is replaceable. My battery has about 72% of its capacity left, so it still gets pretty good battery life, but I think I could get some serious mileage out of this device if I were to replace the battery after it gets down to about 60% remaining of its original capacity.
    Thanks in advance for sharing any wisdom or insider tips!

8. seeyar

seeyar Pen Pal - Newbie

HJK likes this.
  9. HJK

If I read this thread correctly (?) you're looking at paying over $200 just for the parts. That doesn't really make sense to me, It's a neat idea, though.

10. Steve B

Steve B Moderator Moderator

You can get the WWAN card on Amazon for about 45$. If you read through the thread, you'll find the link. Then you'll need to buy the antennas separately. If forget the price for those, but it's much less. Still, yes, you're really looking at probably something like 75$ minimum. You're essentially paying for an upgrade that you would normally be spending a few hundred dollars on, if you'd bought the TT10 with WWAN capability.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.