Lenovo Thinkpad 10 Tablet Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Lenovo (IBM)' started by Bloody Nokia Adept, Apr 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Randall Garrett

Randall Garrett Scribbler - Standard Member

FWIW, Build 10565 ISO did not fix my Wi-Fi problem. Yesterday. I was able to successfully get the newest (ISO) build installed via USB but ended up simply needing the slightly newer Wi-Fi adapter driver from Lenovo... (Doh!) Anyway, the system is up and running now, though I have not used/tested it much yet. I am currently installing/downloading some misc. updates (IGA, KB2267602, KB3103470, etc.) and once that is done I should be able to comment on various items.

[Edit] Done! :)

-Randall Garrett-
    +Apex Software+

/end/

Last edited: Oct 17, 2015
    ships10 likes this.
  2. ships10

ships10 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Please let us know about connected standby....when I installed it messed up my power configuration big time . Wifi kept breaking up ..etc.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2015
  3. Randall Garrett

Will do. Had a problem yesterday - TP10 seemed dead, would not boot. Came home and forgot to plug it in :-\ Just did so, and device fired right up showing 92% remaining battery. Had some odd scaling and rotation artifacts while booting. I will charge to 100% this morning before heading out to a few scheduled meetings. I'll be able to report later this evening or tomorrow morning on the battery condition after being on standby for a while today. I'll begin with LTE off and then do the same with it on if anyone wants/needs the comparison(s.) I've not been spending much time actually using the TP10 lately as some new devices are now becoming my daily drivers, but I keep it around for some light testing, etc.

Regards,

-Randall Garrett-
    +Apex Software+

/end/

4. ships10

ships10 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

That sounds awesome! We'll wait .

5. Randall Garrett

I'm not really sure what you are looking for with regard to standby issues, so I'll just blather on about what I experienced in the hopes that this is useful ;-)

OK, so after topping it off to a 100% charged state, after 24 hors in standby, I was showing 92% remaining. I promptly forgot about checking it later and while on another thread here, I remembered to check the TP10. In the interim, I used the device for maybe 20 minutes of light email via 4G LTE (AT&T.)

I typically "close" the device by folding the tablet down to the keyboard dock. The flip cover stays in my bag... Upon "opening" the device just now, I could see that the backlight was on (typical minor IPS bleed, etc.) but I wasn't seeing the typical background image, a log-in prompt or much of anything. Hence, after several power button taps, I eventually decided to long-press the power button which produced the familiar "slid down to power off" function/image... I did that several times to no real benefit. I ended up long-pressing the power button through the "slide down" message and held it until the screen went "dead black." I subsequently booted the device normally and things came up like usual. Upon checking the remaining battery it battery meter showed 57% remaining. I see that I had forgotten to turn of 4G and/or Wi-Fi, so I'm sure that contributed to some additional battery drain.

Hope this helps - let me know if you'd like for me to something else, or differently, or whatever.

-Randall Garrett-
    +Apex Software+

/end/

6. Steve B

Steve B Moderator Moderator

Hi everyone.
    Printer/ USB question here-
    I know no one posts here anymore, but I'm having a hard time figuring out the answer to this. Been searching around, and can't seem to come up with anything.

We have a TT10 at our house running 8.1. I want to use it to print to my Epson Workforce 1100. It's a bit old school, so it uses a USB connection. I can't seem to get the TT10 to recognize it. The USB should be powered, since it's coming from the printer. Any thoughts on what I might need to do to get it to recognize it?

With my x230t, I just plug it in, and it works. First time through, if memory serves, I plugged it in, and then Windows installed the driver for me. I've tried installing the drivers manually on the TT10, but it doesn't change anything. The tablet sends the doc off to be printed, and I get an error. No printer. I'm sort of at a loss for something that should be simple, and I've not found any answers.

Hoping others can help me out. Either this device isn't capable of printing via USB, or I have done some other mistake?

7. Steve S

Steve S Pen Pro - Senior Member Super Moderator

<<...Either this device isn't capable of printing via USB, or I have done some other mistake?..>>

...Looking at the Epson Workforce, the specs call out USB 2.0 connectivity, so that shouldn't present a problem. Pre-installing the driver on your TT10 and then connecting the printer is the correct sequence, so that shouldn't be a problem. The one thing I can think of is Epson driver compatibility with Win8.1. Have you visited the Epson website to determine if a newer driver might be available? Alternatively, when you installed your existing driver, did you check for the availability of any compatibility settings?

8. Scarabaea

Scarabaea Pen Pal - Newbie

Does anyone know if the TP Tablet 10 2Gen Keyboard dock is compatible with the 1Gen Tablet 10?

9. Jambalaya

Jambalaya Pen Pal - Newbie

Seconding the above question. Anyone know if it matters which I use with my 1st gen TPT10?

10. rirawin

rirawin Scribbler - Standard Member

Does anyone have the keyboard dock?, any good>,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.