Lenovo Thinkpad 10 Tablet Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Lenovo (IBM)' started by Bloody Nokia Adept, Apr 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HJK

HJK Scribbler - Standard Member

Yes, the new MacBook is Core M. I still think it's a stretch. A comparison to the T300 Chi or Helix 2nd Gen (both Core M) would be less of a stretch, because both are hybrid devices and position themselves as SP3 rivals, but are actually using a processor that is somewhere between the Core i series (SP3) and Atom line (S3). But the New MacBook has no touch screen, is not a convertible in any sense of the word . . . I guess it's not totally unreasonable, given that the Surface is aiming at the laptop market and increasingly has brand name cache that approaches that of Apple. But the new MacBook is still not the first product I'd think of in terms of a side by side comparison with the S3.

2. HJK

HJK Scribbler - Standard Member

by the by, I've come to the conclusion that, the TP10's faults notwithstanding, the deal that just expired was, in fact, pretty sweet. A new 10.1 incher for under $500 sporting 4G, GNSS, 8mp auto-focus with flash, a Wacom pen, 4gb RAM, a finger-print reader, full 64 bit Windows . . . That's pretty nice. Its over, now, though, and I couldn't justify a $500 splurge last week.

3. lovelaptops

lovelaptops My friends call me Jeff Senior Member

Well, when you put it that way, well jeez, now I feel like a real jerk not getting one - then again, I've still got 9 laptops and tablets - 4 convertibles w/Wacom or Ntrig styli, none that aren't a joy to use....+$500 in my pocket, plus the additional $250 I'm not spending on accessories for the TPT 10. Damn, $500 with 4G?:( (Wonder how much people will be reselling them for on eBay...next week?):rolleyes:

4. gcoupe

gcoupe Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Well, that assumes that the lucky winner's TP10 is actually one of the models equipped with a digitizer. Not all TP10 models are...

5. rirawin

rirawin Scribbler - Standard Member

Nope, tried my note 2 pen and it works

6. gcoupe

gcoupe Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Now that's what I call being lucky :)

7. rirawin

It gets better!

I complained I didn't get the stylus, so he's refund me 22GBP or $33!!

So I got a brand new Thinkpad 10 literally for $110

JoeS likes this.
  8. rirawin

OK I spoke too soon, the screen has gone black and I can't see anything on it. I have tried to turn it on and off, the Windows button vibrates so the os is running but man this sucks.

Still I have warranty so I guess I be OK still.

9. JoeS

JoeS I'm all ears Senior Member

You might want to try this again in a dark room just in case. This display can go so dim that there have been times that I thought it was dead, but it turned out just to be on minimum brightness. Something else you can try is hook it up to a monitor and a keyboard to check if the display is the problem. Sorry to hear of the trouble, for a bit this looked like the deal of the century! :(

10. rirawin

Yeah no luck, there's backlight but no picture. Still I think its OK since I have warranty, didn't set anything up anyway so I be happy to send this back and get it sorted.