Lenovo Thinkpad 10 Tablet Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Lenovo (IBM)' started by Bloody Nokia Adept, Apr 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gcoupe

gcoupe Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Er, I think you may be getting confused between the Maps app and the HERE Maps app. They are two completely different apps. the Maps app is from Bing, and is bundled with Windows 8/8.1.

The HERE Maps app is (originally) from Nokia, and is available as a free download in the Windows Store.

The Bing Maps app does NOT support downloading of offline maps (typical braindead Microsoft behaviour).

The Nokia HERE Maps DOES support downloading of offline maps.

2. WillAdams

WillAdams Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Not confused. Dissatisfied and getting well, never mind.

I'm thinking I'll just save/earn Bing reward points until I can get Maps Pro.

3. jbrian420

jbrian420 Pen Pal - Newbie

Has anyone had trouble with the micro sd card reader. I have a brand new lenovo ThinkPad 10 and can't get it to recognize a microsd card that works in my phone. Device manager shows no issues.

Any ideas?

4. WillAdams

WillAdams Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

There was one mention in a thread here of a specific brand of microsd card not working. Search for the brand name?

5. Jambalaya

Jambalaya Pen Pal - Newbie

Having a few issues with the Pen Tablet Properties on my new TP10...

1) When attempting to add an application name to a pen button pop-up menu (in this case osk.exe) I am unable to enter any name/info into the "Run Application" dialogue box. Neither the pen nor a finger nor a USB mouse will work. I'm forced to browse through the massive C: drive until I find what I'm looking for. Any solutions?

2) I'm probably asking for the impossible out of the pen pop-up menu here but I'd like to press and hold a single keystroke (such as the spacebar) while I am drawing and have if remain depressed until I release it. Is there a way to do this? I can accomplish this via the large pop-up on-screen keyboard but that is time consuming and eats up a lot of screen real estate in the process. It's not possible afaik with the smaller osk.exe keyboard. Is there a finger swipe gesture?

Also, I find the F11 key to be a real pain. It tends to expand application windows into the immersive format and makes the minimize/restore/close window buttons inaccessible except via a mouse. Consequently I'm forced to use the "Quit Application" finger swipe to get out of the dilemma. That's not always the best course of action. I can't tell if it's just a slight mis-alignment with the digitizer board that prevents me from reaching the top of the screen or not. Anyone else have thus issue?

6. edaniels

edaniels Scribbler - Standard Member

the lenovo outlet has some refurb 128gb models for 415 usd

7. edaniels

edaniels Scribbler - Standard Member

those with the thinkpad 10..... hows does the tablet connect with the keyboard? is there magnet or something that keeps it secure......or is the same as thinkpad 2..where it just lays on a groove in the keyboard. ...being alittle unstable? thanks

8. DRTigerlilly

DRTigerlilly Tablet Lead Mod (Retired) Super Moderator

I decided to jump in the tablet waters again and ordered a 4gb/ 64gb tp10 yesterday arrived today, and will not for the life of me power on. already contacted Lenovo and they have DOA - ed the machine, but honestly not a good way to start our relationship. Got mine for £299.

9. dceggert

dceggert Owner of a TabletPC Museum Senior Member

Bummer... Was this a new left over or refurbished? Refurbished are usually tested to death so this is actually surprising if it is a refurbished unit.

10. JoeS

JoeS I'm all ears Senior Member

I almost don't dare to ask, but are you sure that you hit the power button? It has rotation lock close to where you expect power to be.

Bronsky likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.