Lenovo Thinkpad 10 Tablet Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Lenovo (IBM)' started by Bloody Nokia Adept, Apr 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kuau

kuau Pen Pal - Newbie

Thats why I ended up with both. I have an I5 version of the Yoga 2 13 with 8GB ram and 256SSD and I have the TP10 for tablet use.
    For me I think I have the best of both worlds for a relative small investment. I paid under $800 for my Yoga 2 13 at Best Buy, and $475 for my TP10

2. Wesley

Wesley Pen Pal - Newbie

I share your experience and exact feeling. I am settling down with T400s + ThinkPad 10. I used Helix, the tablet/laptop combo, for a while and realized that for productivity in the laptop mode, I really need at an LCD if at least 13". In the tablet mode, I really like ThinkPad 10 with a lightweight and right dimension. I have a bluetooth keyboard for it, but I almost exclusively use it in the tablet mode with the digitizer. I cannot go any bigger or thicker for a tablet. OneDrive and Dropbox have been keeping them nicely synchronized.

3. koz2050

koz2050 Scribbler - Standard Member

Yes, but at the end of the day, as long as it runs the apps its' supposed to run well enough then it doesn't really matter what the CPU is. The i7 Yoga is overkill for my needs, but it's available in very few configs, so that's what you get. It's a problem with these devices today, like the SP3 i3 only being in 4gb/64gb. I'd personally like an i3 with 8gb/128gb, but it's not available so I have to go with the i5. You kind of stuck with what they offer.

4. JoeS

JoeS I'm all ears Senior Member

5. HoHoHo

HoHoHo Pen Pal - Newbie

At Least in Germany The Service is poor. The call Center is in Romania, The People are speaking more or less bad german. It was really difficuilt to communicate with them. My TP10 was 3x sent to Lenovo fort repair. After The 3rd repair Try still not all Problems were solved.
    Now after 3 month a lot conversations with the Service People responsible for repair cases like Mine (3x repair and still Problems) Exchange my TP10 with a komplette New one...

6. ile

ile Scribbler - Standard Member

I've One question regarding screen protectors on a matte screen: does a clear type protector decrease the "matte-ness" of the screen?

7. Mesosphere

Mesosphere Geek. Senior Member

I would think so. Reflections will occur off the screen protector surface itself before even reaching the matte screen. I don't think it will increase reflections off the screen itself. It simply provides n additional source for reflections.

ile likes this.
  8. Randall Garrett

Randall Garrett Scribbler - Standard Member

ile,

The post below contains some pictures of a couple of 10.1" Win8.1+ Tablets with and without screen protectors. I shot these so my readers on another site could see what they look like in bright conditions. The two tablets I shot were an EP1000 and a Pro 610 (which have identical LCD panels), so they are not an exact match for the TP10, but I do have several TP10s myself and I can say that the results are almost identical. I have not read back far enough in this thread to see learn what sort of environment you work in, but I'm hoping this may be of some help to you. The 3rd picture is a cheesy attempt at a crop to show that with the particular screen protectors I was demonstrating, there is no significant loss in sharpness. The background is a "grid" for a drawing aid and they are 1 pixel in size. I apologize in advance for my poor photography skills and the camera used wasn't the best - it was my lowly Lumia 1020 cell phone camera. The JPGs obviously have some artifacts (per compression) and the images were further demoted as a result of uploading them to another site which has a file size limit. Here is a link to the short thread if you want to read the background for context: http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/threads/best-mobile-outdoor-accessories-for-surface-pro-3.64608/

And here is a direct link to the post with the pictures: http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/thr...essories-for-surface-pro-3.64608/#post-419645

Hope this helps!

-Randall Garrett-
    +Apex Software+

/end/

ile likes this.
  9. ile

ile Scribbler - Standard Member

Thank you very much! That's really helpful. :)

10. Randall Garrett

Randall Garrett Scribbler - Standard Member

Glad to be of help! Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

FWIW, I ordered two more TP10s (4G/128, LTE models) last night - one for our main office and another for an off-site programmer so we can put the 4G bits through their paces for testing. Delivery is anticipated to be within 10 days, but of course, those are "Lenovo Days" and they are notoriously inaccurate on that sort of thing, especially with new models/variants... The one for here will be routinely fitted with a screen protector (maybe a "split" thing like the Pro 610?) as the device is destined to travel to shows - it is always good to be able to show a solution to the glare problem when at shows. So, once I fit a DayVue or AG/Triple A to it, I'll wait for a suitable sunny day here and shoot some pictures to post. Let me know if you want them posted here. If you let me know more about the conditions which lead you to desire a screen protector, I'll try to take that into consideration for the shots meant for you. As I may have mentioned earlier, our customers to external and internal property inspections in various valuation, insurance and Emergency First Responder type scenarios, so without input from you, my shots may not address your particular concerns...

Regards,

-Randall Garrett-
    +Apex Software+

/end/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.