Lenovo Thinkpad 10 Tablet Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Lenovo (IBM)' started by Bloody Nokia Adept, Apr 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. unrealtrip

unrealtrip Pen Pal - Newbie

My tracking number via UPS site says by end of day Wed 8/27; I am in California.

2. koz2050

koz2050 Scribbler - Standard Member

Same here and I'm in California as well.

3. koz2050

I think that was me. I had purchased some stuff last year and had a bunch of points accumulated and there's also an option to pay with points so I ended up with a $200 credit that they applied as well. Its a pretty good site. You can buy stuff through there on the Microsoft store as well and they give you 15 points per dollar, so if you're considering a Surface Pro 3, combine that with the education discount and you save 250 off a 799 tablet.

Can't wait to get the Tablet 10 Wednesday.

4. zendokan

zendokan Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks, but there is no student discount, the basic 4 GB Model with digitizer costs 570 €, then +80 for 128 GB eMMC +50 for Digitizer (without LTE) and you are at 700€. For this price you get a student & research discount model with sampe specs + LTE for 709€.

I saw this ecoupon option in the payment system though, are there some student codes for this system and how can I get one? The Tablet 8 one can get with student discount and +/- LTE in shops, Tablet 10 currently not, doesn't look like they will add this option and the prices don't fall too much either for Thinkpad stuff. Otherwise reselling the Tablet 10 without LTE is probably tricky, as most probably want it. But for nearly 800€ (with 2 year guarantee and quickshot cover) its a tough buy, as the atom cpu=1947&cmp[]=1001&cmp[]=2273] cannot really replace an old notebook cpu.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  5. koz2050

A few questions for you if you don't mind...

Do you happen to know what is left out of the "Bing" version? I'm tempted to upgrade to Pro and probably will as I think I have an extra license around, but curious if I need to or not.

Was the upgrade pretty easy to do?

How does the T10 "feel" compared to the TT2? I love the TT2 and hope they didn't change too much.

Are they the same Pen that's used between the two of them?

With the overall cpu increase, plus the extra ram, plus the extra storage space, even without a higher resolution screen it would be a great upgrade! But the big question is....what (if anything) do you like less about the T10? Probably too early to get a feel for battery life, and no need to mention the lack of a silo for the stylus, we all know about that :) Just curious if there's anything you think is a step back. The only real things I'm worried about is the battery life and the feel of the machine. I didn't care for the Surface Pro's aluminum back, I much prefer the rubberized Thinkpad coating and hope they kept that for the most part.

Does the quickshot cover fold back and "snap" into place flat against the tablet or anything or does it just kind of hang there with no magnets?

Last edited: Aug 23, 2014
  6. Criamos

Criamos Pen Pal - Newbie

Regarding my previous post (problems with the ultrabook keyboard):
    Seems like the ultrabook keyboard I received was definitely defective. I contacted the shop and received a replacement today: Everything works as it should now :)

@ amarr's post:
    I received my ThinkPad 10 (128gb, 4GB) at the beginning of July and so far I'm really liking it. I've used a HP Touchsmart tm-2105eg over the last 4 years and was quite skeptical about how good the Atom Processor of the TP10 might handle the tasks I throw at it. So far it really amazed me how "snappy" the device feels with Win8.1.

Over the last month I've been using it as my go-to method for reading and annotating PDFs (using PDF Annotator) for university. Other use-cases were simple sketches with ArtRage (the newest 64-bit version brought a huge performance boost) to get a feeling for the pen and writing in OneNote. I've been using a mechanical keyboard with cherry red switches (corsair k95) on my desktop computer and bought the TP10 especially because I wanted the ultrabook keyboard for more a comfortable, precise writing experience when I'm on the go (the keyboard, the form-factor and the battery-time were the main reasons I decided against a SP3). So far (even though I had to get used to the swapped key placement of the windows and CTRL button) I really like it, especially considering how "wobbly" most laptop-keyboards feel. It's a hefty price for "just a keyboard", but it doesn't only look like a high-quality product, it matches my (high) expectations. I just wish they'd included USB ports or illuminated keys with it.

Regarding battery times I wasn't disappointed yet: There were several days when I used it from morning to evening nonstop and it clocked out at 8h to 8h30min each time (screen brightness between half and 1/3, WiFi enabled). I guess it'd be possible to go as far as 9 or 10 hours if you'd turn off WiFi and dimmed down the screen even more. Since my initial problem with the ultrabook keyboard got fixed I'm really looking forward to using this little machine as my daily companion when the university semester starts again. I guess I'll have to get a new messenger bag though, since my big laptop-backpack won't be needed anymore.

gcoupe and ammarr like this.
  7. bb_145

bb_145 Pen Pal - Newbie

For anyone who is still wondering, it is possible to install additional language packs on the Bing version. I just installed French on my English machine, and it seems to work OK. (When switched, it uses the French dictionary in word 2013). I'll be playing more with it later.

gcoupe likes this.
  8. zendokan

zendokan Pen Pal - Newbie

Can the Tablet 10 be charged over the usb2 port or do you have to use the power supply and the propertiary connector?

9. Kasad

Kasad Pen Pal - Newbie

The cpu score used to be ~1900,I don't know why it dropped to 1500+. edit: The sample size on the atom is too low,that's why there's a huge drop in its score.It only has 7 samples,perhaps if it reaches some hundreads we'll be sure.I personally want to know how much it is if I'm ever going to invest so much money on that tablet it better has a nice cpu.
    Also,in America they get the upgrade of the 128 GB emmc at merely 20 dollars,while in Europe we pay 100 euros,which is at least 5 times more money compared to them.They also give the thinkpads at a discount,this is totally uncalled for :(

zendokan likes this.
  10. beckyb

beckyb Scribbler - Standard Member

I thought I was crazy when I checked the CPU score a couple of days ago and it was only in the 1500s. I could have sworn it was 1900 too. I didn't know they could lower them. My tablet is arriving on Wednesday, and I'll have to decide if it can be my only machine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.