Lenovo Thinkpad 10 Tablet Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Lenovo (IBM)' started by Bloody Nokia Adept, Apr 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kasad

Kasad Pen Pal - Newbie

Guys it's official,the non 4G models have arrived in Europe too starting at 620+ for 4 GB ram 64 GB emmc with digitizer and ~700 euro for 128 GB emmc upgrade.Both free shipping :) :)

Anybody knows if there are any coupons for the tablet?I'm basically looking to buy the tablet from the german site and I couldn't find any coupons yet.

Thanks for your time.

P.S. I don't know why in America doubling the emmc/ram is only 20 dollars while in Europe it is 100 euros.Unless the difference in the eMMc speeds are different or europeans get two usb ports,the cost of the tablet should be 610 for 4 gb ram/64 gb emmc and 630 for double the size (all including active digitizer).

Last edited: Aug 21, 2014
    zendokan likes this.
  2. koz2050

koz2050 Scribbler - Standard Member

My ship date was 9/1, but just now got the shipping notice and tracking number.

3. beckyb

beckyb Scribbler - Standard Member

Yes, wouldn't you know it! I received my tracking number today also. Yesterday, when the ship date moved to September, I tried to cancel the order, and bought a Thinkpad Tablet 2 on ebay (only $150 with pen, so I'm not out too much). Figured I'd make due with it and my Thinkpad Yoga.

I called Lenovo, and they said that since I tried to cancel, I can still open the Thinkpad 10 when it arrives, and decide if I want to keep it with no restocking fee. If it can replace both my Yoga and the TPT2, then I'll keep it. I know it's not near as powerful as the Yoga, but I don't do anything that requires a lot of processing power.

The main thing I'm worried about is how stable it will be in my lap, and whether or not the fixed angle of the screen will bother me.

4. koz2050

koz2050 Scribbler - Standard Member

Lenovo's cancellation process is infamous, I actually canceled my order over a week ago and it still shipped. I also purchased a TT2 on ebay to hold me over and I quite like it except for how slow it is. The $150 that you paid is a super deal, I paid $200 for mine with WWAN and thought that was a good deal until reading your price :) Knowing that it was only $200 though sure makes me feel better about taking it anywhere and not worrying too much about it.

I had a Yoga for a couple of weeks and really liked it as well. A little chunky for a carry everywhere note taking device, but the ability to flip it into a laptop and always having a built-in stand are pretty awesome.

5. Kasad

Kasad Pen Pal - Newbie

If someone could provide me with the read and write speeds of the 64 and 128 gb versions respectively I would be grateful.

Edit: I still cant believe this.The basic model with digitizer costs 599 euros (in America this model costs 599 dollars ) .Doubling the ram and the emmc of the tablet adds 100 euro in the configuration on the european sites while the same model in the American site adds 20 dollars in the configuration...
    I really hope they fix these prices soon ,unless they want people starting to compare the surface pro 3 tablet with the 128 gb thinkpad configuration..

Last edited: Aug 22, 2014
    zendokan likes this.
  6. edaniels

edaniels Scribbler - Standard Member

when is suppose to arrive based on tracking number

7. zendokan

zendokan Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi, I'm looking for the Tablet 10 without LTE and reduced price in Germany. Can you give me a link where you found such offers, the normal price with LTE is 839 Euro, (700 with student discount). Thanks

8. ammarr

ammarr Pen Pal - Newbie

Any reviews from current owners? How are people finding it both as a tablet and a laptop replacement? I've found that the surface pro is great at neither.. too bulky to be a tablet and too wobbly to be a laptop. Is this any better?

I'm hesitant to pull the trigger on this because of price.. ~800 CDN for the 4/128gb config with the keyboard... which is quite a bit more than, say, a Dell Venue 8 Pro at ~250 with the pen and a generic BT keyboard. Obviously this offers better specs, far better pen input, and a thinkpad keyboard, but I'm wondering if its worth the price that lenovo is charging.

9. bmatthews69

bmatthews69 Pen Pal - Newbie

I received my thinkpad tablet 10 on Wednesday. It is the 128gb ssd, 4gb with windows 8.1 bing. Kudos needs to go out to the member that mentioned purchasing the tablet thru the corporate perks website. I was able to sign up and thru their site I was able to get the tablet for $544 and the quickcover case for $38. I was able to purchase windows 8.1 pro from ebay for $75, so overall I got the tablet for a very good price. The order I placed thru the corporate perks site had a ship date of 9/2, and I was bummed about that. However I had another tablet that I had previously ordered thru the barnes and noble site for $588 that I attempted to cancel, but it was too far along in the manufacturing process and was shipped out. That tablet is the one I received on Wednesday, so I contacted customer support and asked them if they could cancel my corporate perks order and refund the difference in price of the two tablets and let me keep this tablet. They agreed, so I lucked out. The quick cover I ordered with the corporate perks arrived today. This tablet is a worthy successor of the thinkpad tablet 2. My only complaint with the thinkpad tablet 2 was the low res screen, and the thinkpad 10 screen is so much better. I have not had much time to play around with it yet, but this tablet is much better than the thinkpad tablet 2. The 64 bit os is amazing and run applications so much faster. it is very noticeable when compared to the thinkpad tablet 2. If you loved your thinkpad tablet 2, then you definitely need to upgrade to this tablet asap. If you have any questions, please let me know.

gcoupe and ammarr like this.
  10. Kasad

Kasad Pen Pal - Newbie

Yes.
    Follow the instructions for the german site as I will instruct you for the British site:

-tablets->thinkpad 10
    -click view models
    -click "Select" above the cheapest tablet.Note ,if you want to get 128 GB memory you have to select the 4 GB ram memory tablet.
    -Click "expand all configurations"
    -Click the submenu "Display: 10.1" FHD IPS Multi-touch, Black"
    -Choose the option "Display: 10.1" 10.1" FHD IPS Multi-touch, Digitizer Pen, Black" which adds 40 pounds (or ~50 euro) on the price

You're done.
    The basic configuration for 2 GB with digitizer pen costs ~600 euro from the british site.I highly suggest you choose the 4 GB instead of 2 GB ram option.Those 2 gb of ram are just too cheap for what they do including compatibility with 64 bit windows programs.Even if you will not use the tablet for the office,those extra 2 GB of ram will at some point prove helpful.

zendokan likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.