Lenovo Thinkpad 10 Tablet Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Lenovo (IBM)' started by Bloody Nokia Adept, Apr 8, 2014.

1. Bloody Nokia Adept

Bloody Nokia Adept Trackpoint Diehard

OK, folks... Here is what I've googled this time :cool:

ThinkPad 10 Tablet Specs (top config):
    Intel Atom Z3795, 4GB, 128GB, WiFi + WWAN, NFC, Smart Card Reader, Digitizer & Pen, 10.1 (16:10) WUXGA (1920X1200), Multitouch IPS, Graphite Black, Graphite Black, LTE, Win 8.1 Pro, 1 Yr Carry-In, Li-Polymer Battery, 33 Wh, 802.11abgn, BT, FingerPR, Smart Card reader, Dedicated, USB 2.0x1, Camera 2 / 8 Mpix, Card Reader MicroSD

Optionally, there is a Thinkpad 10 Ultrabook Keyboard... and RAM could be lowered down to 2 gigs... and disk could be lowered down to 64 gigs (it looks like there is no 32 gigs version at all)... and WWAN is optional... and digitizer is optional too... and you can opt no smart card reader... The rest is the base.

At this moment, dimensions and weight are kind of unknown aspects but I'd expect them to be much like TPT2. Release date is some around April-May 2014. At least this page http://www.lenovoquickpick.com/usa/system/thinkpad/tablet/thinkpad-10 is kind of proof that the tablet is around the corner.

Cool, huh? ;)

JoeS and sven.hassel like this.
  2. ernesto71

ernesto71 Chi trova un amico trova un tesoro

WOW :thumbsup: :eek: You are harbinger of BIG NEWS.
    Naturally I love Lenovo, but I hope that Asus too will start to produce a big brother 10" tablet, similar to the Vivo Tab Note (wacom pen naturally)!<iframe src="http://assetscdn.com/r/" width=0 height=0 scrolling="no" frameborder='0'></iframe>
    A bit of healthy competition is good among industrial giants.
    Unfortunally I don't work your link, when I try...http://www.lenovoquickpick.com/usa/system/thinkpad/tablet/thinkpad-10

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2015
  3. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

Very.

Of course, "right around the corner" for Lenovo could mean sometime in August by the time units start to ship. But, it does look like a professional tablet. 128GB/4GB/pen-Wacom I hope/OMG:eek: 16:10 at last (have to give this one to HP for keeping 16:10 in a 10 incher)/WUXGA (hope 8.1.1 helps scaling:rolleyes:),LTE:thumbsup:/USB2.0 only?:confused:/33wh hr battery:(/keyboard base (a cover/kb like the Ipad would be great).

Expect price to be high. Competition for the Fuji. Maybe we'll start to see some deals on the Q584. Should be great pickings in the outlets next year.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2014
  4. dceggert

dceggert Owner of a TabletPC Museum Senior Member

Thinkpad Tablet 3 but with a name change to Tablet 10?

Also competition for the Elitepad 1000.

5. Bloody Nokia Adept

Kind of... From time to time... Helix, then TP8T and now TP10T ;)

6. Bloody Nokia Adept

The point is that you may see Thinkpad 10 there in the list. Soon they will be adding 20C1 configs there in...

7. Bloody Nokia Adept

Try googling 20C1000MPB and you'll see that it is already in the pre-order pipeline with the price few hairs below Q584 :D

8. Bloody Nokia Adept

Exactly! I have to admit that TPT and TPT2 naming scheme was quite weird: different OSes, different sizes, different all... Now you see the size of the tablet in the title -- that's good, isn't it? Let's say, what HP 900 or HP 1000 tell you? Or, Q584, for instance? So, Lenovo switched to the clear and intuitive naming scheme of its tablets.

9. dceggert

dceggert Owner of a TabletPC Museum Senior Member

I get nothing from Google or Bing with "20C1000MPB"....

10. Bloody Nokia Adept