Lenovo Tablet 10 2018 Edition-With Pen Support

Discussion in 'Lenovo (IBM)' started by alextrela182, Jan 4, 2018.

1. bloodycape

bloodycape Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Of course it's possible pretty sure I remember N-trig before getting bought out show a slim rechargeable pen.

2. Steve B

Steve B Moderator Moderator

Of course, the Thinkpads have had an AES pen in a silo for a few years now. It's nice. Always recharges and always available. I like the idea of having it on a tablet as well.

3. kneehowguys

kneehowguys Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

If you were to buy a tablet in June this year, would you go with the GB10.6 or another 10 incher such as the lenovo this thread is about?

4. thierryb

thierryb Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I do not know. I do not need. I just wanted to give my point of view concerning half of your question.

What i need is 7 to 8" galaxy book with 8 giga of memory and 256 giga of flash disk, with a silo for a spen.

Bronsky and WillAdams like this.
  5. kneehowguys

kneehowguys Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I wonder about this. It seems most tablet makers don't want a silo, not even this penabled one
    https://liliputing.com/2018/05/one-mix-yoga-is-a-7-inch-pocket-sized-laptop-and-tablet.html

Has anyone tried a pen loop like this?
    https://www.amazon.com/Volin-Crik-S...25985664&sr=8-2-spons&keywords=pen+loop&psc=1

I wonder if the pen loops are terrible / come off

6. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

Pen loops are horrible. They tear, bend and deform over time. Moreover (lawyer's word), they expose the pen to damage, particularly the tip. They are a terrible way to store a pen. I obviously prefer a silo but if not, then I prefer a case that has an internal slot for the pen. I have used that on my Surface 3 for the past three years and can normally find my pen in time to take a note before it leaves my sieve-like brain (actually I use my galaxy Note 5 mostly).

On your earlier question, I would probably go with the GB10. As flawed as it is, it is the best of the lot of 10" tablets IMHO.

7. darkmagistric

darkmagistric Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I beg to differ...I actually love Pen Loops. I've put my Surface Pro 3 and Galaxy Book 10.6 thru some rather rough (but not careless) paces and the pen loops on both haven't torn, bent, or deformed at all. Maybe weakened a tiny bit, but after a year+ of heavy use and schlepping them everywhere....they are just as relatively reliable as they were the day I got them. And I've never damaged the Pen tip or the pen at all by using the loop. If anything I would say Silo's have caused me more grief overall then loops since back in the day when Pen Silos were more in Fashion.....quite a few of my pens would get stuck in the silo from time to time...the Gateway C-120X, Lenovo X61, among others.....there were more then a few times I remember when I sat down at a coffee house to do some drawing... and I couldn't draw since I couldn't get the pen out. Right now the only "Silo" device I use is my Galaxy Note 5.....and my pen is actually currently stuck in the silo going on 3 weeks now. I can technically get it out creatively using duck tape....but getting the pen out is more hassle then its worth. But Yeah, I am all for Pen loops!

8. Bronsky

I guess we are products of our experience. The loop on my Surface 1 didn't last a month. Hate them. Passionately.:newpalm:

WillAdams likes this.
  9. Bronsky

Looks like this is classic Lenovo vaporware.