Lenovo Tablet 10 2018 Edition-With Pen Support

Discussion in 'Lenovo (IBM)' started by alextrela182, Jan 4, 2018.

1. Steve B

Steve B Moderator Moderator

Pen in silo and real clamshell dockable keyboard. Those are two big reasons for a lot of mobile use cases.

2. kneehowguys

kneehowguys Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

this website says it is available in March
    http://blog.lenovo.com/en/blog/leno...-complete-thinkpad-portfolio-with-2018-lineup

I don't see it on the website
    https://www3.lenovo.com/us/en/tablets/convertibles/thinkpad-tablet-series/c/thinkpad-series

Anyone think this might be vaporware or just usual lenovo?

Do you guys think this and the Galaxy book 10.6 are the best 10 inch penabled windows tablets or are there other ones you think are as good?

The appeal of a 10 inch tablet in my mind is you can walk around and casually jot down stuff while walking

My ipad air 2 is about 440 grams I think- it doesn't have a pen but I think I could casually mark up a pdf while walking and scroll through flashcards/images while walking

3. kneehowguys

What do you feel are the biggest problems with the samsung 10.6?

4. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

Orgami Keyboard, single USB port, lack of dedicated dock, no backlighting, inadequate battery, etc.

nnthemperor and Steve B like this.
  5. HoHoHo

HoHoHo Pen Pal - Newbie

At all the biggest disadvantage for the Lenovo Tablet 10 is, it is no a Think product.

The support and repair service for the normal Lenovo stuff is at my location crap. The Think service is a little bit better but also far from good. The good thing is the call is toll free, and also shipping for repair.

At least in Europe the Lenovo Support and repair service is far below average. Therefore I am not sure if I will get an Lenovo consumer product.

6. kneehowguys

The single USB port I wonder if that problem will be alleviated when finally more USB wireless tranceiver products come out with USB C- I still can't find a wireless keyboard/touchpad using a USB C transceiver. I know there are dongle solutions but for 10 inch tablets it seems too bulky to use a dongle

I'm thinking of maybe getting a galaxy book 10.6 if no competitor emerges and maybe a bluetooth mouse/keyboard combo.

Or there is the new ipad with pencil but the lack of easy to use snipping tool (unless I'm mistaken?) is a deal breaker because I want to be able to scrapbook- like find a problem statement, then paste a powerpoint slide next to it that is relevant, etc

Man, maybe I should just get more used to using an ipad, seems like less headache than the problems windows tablets have. Maybe there is a way around this snipping tool issue

7. nnthemperor

nnthemperor Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Is it the close up photo or is the device this bulky?

Sent from mTalk

8. nnthemperor

nnthemperor Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

The GB 10.6 is compromised in almost every aspect. Even connecting to the Miracast MS wireless adapter is less stellar experience compared to the DV8P I had. And the trackpad?... don't get me started on that.

Sent from mTalk

Bronsky likes this.
  9. thierryb

thierryb Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Origami keyboard : sometimes I would have preferred a stand a la surface, but very few time
    Single usb : two usb will not solve my issues when I need more than one, I use a hub that can also allow power
    Lack of a dedicated dock : if it was dedicated it would be more expensive. I have three of them. I let one in the office, one in my car and one in my home, out in my bag. They are all different and adapted to my usage in that location.
    No backlighting : ok
    Inadequate battery : not really, 7 hours normal usage, in addition I have always in my pocket a 10000 battery.

The main issue for me is no silo for the pen. But the loop do the job.

And the pro : the best emr implementation I have used on a Windows tablet pc.

dstrauss, JoeS and Bronsky like this.
  10. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

If the Tablet 10 really has an integrated stick that is rechargeable, does that mean a truly slim AES pen in a silo is possible - ARE YOU LISTENING PANOS?