Lenovo Tablet 10 2018 Edition-With Pen Support

Discussion in 'Lenovo (IBM)' started by alextrela182, Jan 4, 2018.

1. alextrela182

alextrela182 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

We are saying the same thing with other words imo.
    Smaller bezel=bigger screen at one dimension.

But hey judging from iphone sales many years until now, people actually like big bezel and big dimension form factor with small screen:p
    Easily could fit 6" screen at overal dimension of iphone 8 plus.

Well iphone it's more than just a phone but that doesn't change the fact that despite very thick and ugly bezel it's the most by far anything else selling phone current decade.

2. darkmagistric

darkmagistric Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

There....I fixed it!

Seriously....who on this forum wouldn't buy that in a heartbeat?

lenovo fix.jpg

Bronsky, Tams, JoeS and 1 other person like this.
  3. JoeS

JoeS I'm all ears Senior Member

Close, but now the keyboard is too large. How about we replace it with this:

upload_2018-1-6_16-33-57.png

4. WillAdams

WillAdams Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I'm w/ @JoeS --- it needs to have a TrackPoint --- I'm probably going to break down and buy another keyboard w/ one.

Agree w/ @darkmagistric --- it would be really nice for built-in buttons to make a comeback --- what would be so hard about a half-dozen of them? Ideally four on the back, and a pair on the front.

Starlight5 and Tams like this.
  5. Tams

Tams Scribbler - Standard Member

Sorry, we in the age of minimalism! Bezels, any bezels are BAD I tell you. BAD! Buttons?! Hahaha! Outdated nonsense; it's all about touchscreens now my man.

Kill me now. I hate most of the current trends.

Bishop and Bronsky like this.
  6. JoeS

Something tells me you are going to love the Tesla model 3.. :D

7. kneehowguys

kneehowguys Scribbler - Standard Member

Agreed. No trackpoint = why even bother with Lenovo? Unless was really fantastically better in other ways

Starlight5 likes this.
  8. HoHoHo

HoHoHo Pen Pal - Newbie

The Tablet 10 may be very interesting. I am looking for a replacement of my Thinkpad 10. If ther is a good configuration available - at least 4GB RAM, WWAN, W10PRO, 128GB SSD - id be in for such a device.

My TP10 is getting old...

9. JoeS

Assuming that this will feature the quad core Celeron N4100 (and not the dual core N4000), do we know anything about the performance? I haven't found actual benchmarks yet.

It sounds like the performance will be similar to the previous generation: "What is noteworthy about the Gemini Lake SoCs is that CPU base frequencies have not changed compared to respective Apollo Lake SKUs and burst frequencies only increased slightly (by 200 MHz, less than 10%). Therefore, all general-purpose performance benefits that Gemini Lake may have over their immediate predecessors are going to be originated from larger caches and whatever microarchitectural optimizations the new Goldmont Plus cores may have."

If that's true then the new TP10 could perform ~20-30% slower than for example the m3-6y30 in the SP4 in multicore use, and more than a factor two slower than the m3-6y30 for single core use, see this comparison with an N3160. Edit: it's not quite as bad, see the two following posts.

At least in principle it supports SSDs, but afaik we don't know if this ThinkPad uses SSD or eMMC. "Gemini Lake supports two conventional SATA HDDs and SSDs, PCIe 2.0 x2/x4 SSDs, as well as eMMC 5.1 storage solutions."

Last edited: Jan 8, 2018
    bloodycape likes this.
  10. jjsa1985

jjsa1985 Scribbler - Standard Member

I just did a geekbench search of the n4100. It scores in the 5000s, which is faster than m3 6y30.

Starlight5 and JoeS like this.