Lenovo Tablet 10 2018 Edition-With Pen Support

Discussion in 'Lenovo (IBM)' started by alextrela182, Jan 4, 2018.

1. HoHoHo

HoHoHo Pen Pal - Newbie

I was going to buy one of this babies, but since the Tablet 10 is only consumer a Lenovo product I quit buying it.
    The Lenovo warranty support in Germany is worster than a big piece of crap. And contacting and handling a warranty case for a consumer product is definately no fun.

2. ORTOX

ORTOX Pen Pal - Newbie

I'm not sure I follow.
    Here in the US this device is marketed at business customers.
    upload_2018-10-4_12-41-14.png

3. HoHoHo

HoHoHo Pen Pal - Newbie

In Germany the Tablet 10 is a product of in the consumer product line, not the business line. The Think products have a different - better - warranty handling. And even this handling is only average if I compare this with the Dell business support...

Starlight5 and DRTigerlilly like this.
  4. Projects

Projects Pen Pal - Newbie

Well I ordered mine last week and I was quickly told they didn't have any in stock.

I've just gone online again and it says delivery in 7 days. (Dont believe them!) its a shambles.

5. ORTOX

ORTOX Pen Pal - Newbie

Yikes! Please let me know what you think of it. My friend never ended up buying one so I never got to play with this device.

6. Projects

Iv
    Ive had it 4 hours and can honest say I love it already. It runs all my Microsoft Office software easily. I got the 8gd and 128gb version. The pen works great and is stored in the tablet. I'm loading AutoCAD up to tomorrow. But I can tell already it will run that easily.

dceggert, Bronsky and JoeS like this.
  7. Projects

Okay Guys, I little update:

Negatives:

• WIFI is dropping out regularly, causing the loss of my VPN connection (This is a major problem to me, I hope this gets solved quickly, it could be a deal breaker)
    Update: 09/03/19
    Solved: Items 2, 3 and 6 from this website solved my problem.:)

https://support.lenovo.com/gb/en/solutions/ht502846

• Memory remaining after installing Windows Updates, Microsoft Office and AutoCAD LT = 67gb
    • I would like a 250gb version, but I've order a 128gb sd card to get over the problem. I may need to install Onedrive to the SD card. And may see if I can run Microsoft Office from the card.
    Update 09/03/19:
    Working from OneDrive Personal, OneDrive Business and Drop Box successfully :)

• I thought I could turn the tablet in the keyboard dock use it in tablet mode, it seems like you can't the magnet polarity restricts this. I didn't want to keep separating the parts.
    • They are no accessories for the computer yet, I'd like some form of folio case which could go round both the tablet and the keyboard. I had something similar for the Asus.
    Positives:
    • Good feedback from keyboard and I can easily type with it, doing documents etc.
    • Track pad works great.
    • Processor still seems okay when running Microsoft office and Projects, not used it too much with AutoCAD yet to comment fully.
    • My SNUGG Case from my old Thinkpad tablet 10 and Lenovo keyboard case fits perfectly as a sleeve.
    • The pen is safely docked in the tablet

Last edited: Mar 9, 2019
    Bronsky and Starlight5 like this.
  8. ORTOX

ORTOX Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks for the update. That's a huge bummer about Wi-Fi. It sounds like something a driver update could resolve.

That also stinks that the tablet can't be turned and put back on the keyboard base. My Toshiba Z20t does this. It's handy for extra battery life for use as a tablet. But does the keyboard base of this Lenovo have batteries in it? It didn't seem like it when I was researching it. So I don't think there's an added benefit to reattaching the keyboard base when using it as a tablet.

Did you get the version with LTE? This is a huge selling point of this device.

And as for there being no accessories for this, I don't see that changing. This seems to be a very niche device seeing as there are no review anywhere on the Internet.

9. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

Lenovo has a dock for sale that works with the Tablet 10. If you want a larger pen, the Bamboo Smartpen supports AES. There is a 10" sleeve available from Lenovo.com as well.

The device comes with a garaged pen and dedicated keyboard. What else do you need?

soh5 likes this.
  10. Starlight5

Starlight5 W I N T E R B O R N

Trackpoint.

WillAdams likes this.