Lenovo Tablet 10 2018 Edition-With Pen Support

Discussion in 'Lenovo (IBM)' started by alextrela182, Jan 4, 2018.

1. alextrela182

alextrela182 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Well a surprisingly announcement from Lenovo during CES 18 few hours ego with new 10” inch device with pen support
    http://blog.lenovo.com/en/blog/leno...-complete-thinkpad-portfolio-with-2018-lineup

[​IMG]

Lenovo Tablet 10

-New detachable powered by Intel Celeron N Series processors designed to benefit vertical applications such as healthcare and retail
    -Featuring fingerprint reader and discrete Trusted Platform Module for business-class protection
    -Integrated rechargeable pen, up to 9 hours of battery life1 and Wireless WAN enhance the detachable users’ experience
    -Lenovo Tablet 10 will be available from January 2018, starting price will be available shortly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited: Jan 5, 2018
    JoeS likes this.
  2. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

This looks interesting. Hopefully, the pen is rechargeable in a silo like the Yoga. That would be really interesting, even for an AES pen.

3. JoeS

JoeS I'm all ears Senior Member

I like the reinvention of the physical camera shutter. No more sticky tape over the webcam!

4. Steve B

Steve B Moderator Moderator

I reallly really really wish this had a tackloint. :( Its the only thing missing.

Pen in the photo does look like the kind in a silo. But I bet it’s a keyboard silo and not a tablet silo. Or some such thing.

Bronsky likes this.
  5. JoeS

A little scary: the only product on that entire lineup announcement that mentions thunderbolt is the monitor. Umm??

Edit: turns out X1 Yoga 2018 and X1 Tablet 2018 both have TB3 ports

Last edited: Jan 14, 2018 at 2:44 PM
    alextrela182 likes this.
  6. alextrela182

Samsung and Asus too announced thunderbolt monitor.:p
    It really doesn’t make sense what’s the propose of thunderbolt support on monitor.

Maybe I’m missing something who knows:vbconfused::eek:

Last edited: Jan 5, 2018
  7. JoeS

Well in the very least you could use a thin TB cable to connect your PC to the monitor. And hopefully run peripherals at the same time. Ideally the monitor could act as a full TB3 dock, charging the PC/laptop while also passing through all connections to peripherals with a couple of extra TB3 or USB-C ports and even USB3 ports on the monitor itself.

alextrela182 likes this.
  8. darkmagistric

darkmagistric Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

rechargeable AES, a Celelron processor, and a thick black bezel...........I'll stick with my Galaxy Book 10.6.

Selofain, JoeS and Bronsky like this.
  9. alextrela182

Well actually Lenovo never being attractive from design aspect almost every Windows device produces has thick bezel and being ugly.

Sammy is much better on this aspect.

10. darkmagistric

darkmagistric Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Attractiveness isn't even a concern of mine....I find giant oversized bezels like that just down right insulting because they could either make the device significantly smaller, or cram a larger screen in there. From that pic of this 2018 Lenovo Tablet...which I'm assuming is 10.1 or 10.6........it looks like they could easily cram an 11.6 inch screen or even a 12-in that same frame.