Lenovo Miix 720, would you recommend it?

Discussion in 'Lenovo (IBM)' started by yodamiked, Feb 6, 2018.

Tags:
  1. yodamiked

yodamiked Pen Pal - Newbie

Maybe my search abilities are failing me, but I haven't been able to find much on here regarding the Miix 720.

I've recently found a pretty killer deal on a refurbished model (570 GBP), but wanted to get people's thoughts on the device. Is the battery life as bad as the reviewers make it sound? How's the pen (jitter, response, IAF, etc.)? How does it perform overall? The model I'm looking at is the i7, 16gb.

Pretty much the only comments I could find on the forums here were a couple of negative ones about Lenovo abandoning the Miix 720.

2. nvyglazov

nvyglazov Pen Pal - Newbie

Short answer: miix product line is oriented on average user within lower price range.
    Saying that you would need to expect that product is average. But, considering the price, it is really good deal.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

yodamiked likes this.
  3. yodamiked

yodamiked Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks for the thoughts. I think I would have ended up going for it, but the price went up unexpectedly, so I guess I'm still looking for the time being.

4. sxcccy

sxcccy Pen Pal - Newbie

There is the customer reviews on Amazon:
    Awesome computer, battery life isn't as expected sadly, but it never really is. I love the palm rejection, especially for when taking notes in class with OneNote

I had some frustration regarding the bluetooth syncing with the button on the top of the pen, due to lack of instructions.
    However I was able to eventually figure it out.

For those who are having trouble with the bluetooth syncing here's what to do:
    In the bag with the battery, there are two small button batteries. These go in a hidden little compartment in the pen.
    To access it, unscrew the top. This is where the big battery goes. Then look at the top half where the spring is. Notice that there is a small 'plus' looking slot for where a screw driver can fit. Unscrew it with a small screw driver and it will reveal a second smaller compartment! This is where the two small button batteries go. Place them in accordingly and screw everything back together.
    Now when you press and hold the top button, it will enter bluetooth syncing mode which you can pair with your Miix 520.

So I think the battery is not as bad as it imagines.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 17, 2018
  5. ilivehere

ilivehere Pen Pal - Newbie

Hello everyone. I am considering this as a replacement of my old Samsung galaxy note 12.2.

A basic question: is it possible to quick-charge this item using a power bank?

What do you think of the pen? for me, the main use of this tablet is to take notes.

Thanks.

6. DRTigerlilly

DRTigerlilly Tablet Lead Mod (Retired) Super Moderator

Why aren't you considering the Samsung Galaxy Book models?

7. ilivehere

ilivehere Pen Pal - Newbie

I am. But the Samsung GB is more expensive.
    Also, my understanding (which could be wrong) is that, using OneNote, the pen is more powerful on the Miix 720, i.e. you can cut and crop bits by just clicking on the pen (without having to click on any tool).

8. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

The Mixx 720 looks interesting as a Galaxy Book 12 alternative because it includes a USB-C Thunderbolt 3 port - real docking possibilities there. See it has Wacom AES (boooooo) if only it had Wacom EMR it would be darn near perfect.