Lenovo Miix 2 10

Discussion in 'Lenovo (IBM)' started by cylemmulo, Jan 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bloody Nokia Adept

Bloody Nokia Adept Trackpoint Diehard

2. ykvishal

ykvishal Scribbler - Standard Member

check this video for more details

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPm5HV4MjvA

3. Bloody Nokia Adept

Bloody Nokia Adept Trackpoint Diehard

ykvishal, thank you!

There are two aspects of the connection I was looking for:
    1. How easy the attached tablet can slip away from the keyboard? -- your video answers it. Occasionally, I've already found this video too and posted it in the TP10T thread.
    2. When attached to keyboard and sitting on the desk, are there any random disconnects while typing? -- after scooping this thread, looks like I've found an answer too, here is a compilation of issues:

So, from what I see now, it is a quite general issue across different Miix 2 10 owners.

4. ziphnor

ziphnor Pen Pal - Newbie

I have not encountered any disconnects when typing so far, the keyboard connection seems fine to me, whether typing on the lap, table or a mattress. I cannot undock it by forcing the tablet backwards or similar (just tried it now to make sure), no matter if I let the keyboard lift up or force it down while pushing back.

I don't think the disconnects is a general design problem as I am not seeing it at all, though it might be a common production "bug" with these devices for all I know.

5. nemo

nemo Pen Pal - Newbie

Ziphnor and other owners--I've scoured the net and can't get a definitive answer on whether or not the Miix 2 10 has GPS built in. A lot of the reviews say no, but the interactive Q&As on Lenovo's website say yes (but I can't find an official Lenovo spec sheet or manual that confirms GPS). Can anyone tell me if the Miix 2 10 has GPS? And if so, what is your country (in case this may be a region-specific feature).

Thank you.

6. ziphnor

ziphnor Pen Pal - Newbie

I don't think mine has GPS, at least i haven't seen any indication of it, and don't see any thing in device manager that sounds like a GPS device.

7. carlgalgano

carlgalgano Pen Pal - Newbie

I just sold mine on eBay end of last week but as far as I remember, there was not any indication there was a GPS.

8. carlgalgano

carlgalgano Pen Pal - Newbie

Also to revisit the keyboard question/issue....
    If you are looking for a similar design that provides a more snap in keyboard, I think it was HP that just announced a similar design but the keyboard seems to snap in much more securely. (Im not a huge HP fan)..
    I think they keyboard was ultimately the reason I sold my Miix 2. I never had the connection issues, but typing on my lap always felt too wobbly, and I was always concerned I would pick up the unit by the keyboard and have the screen go crashing to the floor. The biggest issue to me (and probably me alone) was the lack of an INSERT key. I loved the 10" size to compliment my daily driver a thinkpad yoga. While what I really wanted was a Yoga in a 10" form factor, I ended up with an 11" Yoga S which I am really enjoying for a secondary machine. I also found that the detachable keyboard didnt really work for me since I would then have to keep up with the keyboard. Id rather have it be a bit heavier and just fold the keyboard back if I want a tablet experience.

9. nemo

nemo Pen Pal - Newbie