Lenovo LT1423p Review / Owner's Thread

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by oranjoose, Dec 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wrongpassword

wrongpassword Pen Pal - Newbie

crashsuit likes this.
  2. Charley Rose

Charley Rose Pen Pal - Newbie

FYI - This is the same deal I just got on WOOT, which is owned by Amazon, so it makes sense. Several of the Amazon reviews mention that their purchase came with the Wireless module included. Mine did not. So I wouldn't expect that to be there. Given the mostly negative reviews for the wireless I'm not sure why you'd want that anyway. Other than that it's as advertised.

3. wrongpassword

wrongpassword Pen Pal - Newbie

I think you are right about this being the wired version since the original price listed is $449. It still annoys me when I think about how Lenovo jacked up the price and pretended this didn't exist when this first came out.

4. ID01

ID01 Pen Pal - Newbie

Just to let people know the woot deal sold by Amazon sent me a Wired one. No wireless here.

Not sure why I would want Wireless anyhow. After looking through the impression. Wireless seems like it will be a huge hassle to get working in Windows 10.

At the moment I am finding only minor problem with the device once restarted a few times. Both touch, pen, and video playback works properly on it in Windows 10 over USB3 with Autodesk Sketch Pad. Pressure sensitivity works fine. Touch detection works. Calibration works okay after a few restart to get it to response to monitor selection.

The only issue is that occasionally, after the computer turn on for a few hours, it will disconnect and reconnect. Happened twice. Both time it happens I was playing video (twitch) so perhaps the displaylink got over loaded? I am already using the latest driver. Motherboard is an ASUS P8P67. Pretty old, back in the Sandybridge Era so the USB3 controller might not be very reliable.

Might be upgrading soon and will pay attention to see if this only happen during intensive video. Also will try this troubleshooting steps here to see if this will fix the problem: http://support.displaylink.com/know...o-fix-your-displaylink-product-from-repeatedl

Update: Using a dedicated power adapter for the power plug seems to have fixed the problem. It is no longer reconnecting after a full day 10+ hours of 720p video streaming

Last edited: Nov 2, 2015
  5. NigelNowhere

NigelNowhere Pen Pal - Newbie

Well hello everyone. I just got the wireless version. I haven't attempted to set it up wireless as of yet. However wired is working ok.

Pressure sensitivity is a little finicky, however I know that it most likely is a tweak somewhere in the drivers as I had the same issue with my Asus note 8 and I was able to solve that issue.

I was wondering if anyone has a tutorial to set it up wirelessly? Mine came with a USB wireless adapter to use with it.

Also a note on pressure sensitivity. Which pen you use makes a big difference.

Stock pen is ok
    Thinkpad Pen is terrible
    Toshiba pen great
    Motion computing is ok

I will try it with my Wacom grip pen today, I suspect that will be the winner.

6. NigelNowhere

Ok quick update. Wacom Grip pen ( UP-911 ) works very well. Pressure isn't perfect however it is the best so far

7. niftytablets

niftytablets Pen Pal - Newbie

I'm curious--what OS are you using? I'm on Win7, and have not yet been able to get it work with the graphics programs I want to use.
    http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/thr...eview-owners-thread.60069/page-15#post-450740
    http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/thr...eview-owners-thread.60069/page-16#post-450925

Also, any luck with the Eraser or Secondary Side Buttons working on these other pens?

8. NigelNowhere

I am on Windows 10 and have only tested with Photoshop CC and it works well.

As for the second button and eraser none of the pens I have tried have worked. However I haven't tried the grip pen's eraser or second button. To be honest I assume Lenovo turned these off to keep the bandwidth on the USB lower. Since the video takes up so much.

9. niftytablets

niftytablets Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks for those details. I've only seen one reported instance of an eraser or second button working with this device--the general consensus has been that they don't work (but I keep hoping to encounter exceptions).

10. NigelNowhere

Just wanted to make an update. I was doing some digging and trying to get the wireless to work. I came across a support page for Lenovo that said to only use the display link drivers on the internal storage. It also mentioned a display link cleaner app to remove all versions of the driver.

Well I did this and it worked. I only had the wireless working a little bit but as a bonus the pressure sensitivity works perfectly with all styluses now. It's crazy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.