Lenovo LT1423p Review / Owner's Thread

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by oranjoose, Dec 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. niftytablets

niftytablets Pen Pal - Newbie

Right, I should have included all that! I'm on Windows 7, 64-bit, installed on a desktop, and the LT1423p is the only Wacom input device I'm using.

Thanks for being willing to have a look!

By the way, do you (or anyone) have any thoughts/recommendations regarding stylus? Supposedly someone experienced the eraser working when using their Surface Pro 2 pen (http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/threads/lenovo-lt1423p-review-owners-thread.60069/page-2#post-368991), but I'm unclear if anyone else was able to confirm that (nor am I clear on how that pen might compare to some of the other options). And then there's the above mentioned Gateway E155c / C120x (http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/thr...eview-owners-thread.60069/page-15#post-447490) and the Fujitsu Lifebook Stylus, both of which seem popular and available, though my impression is the eraser doesn't work for either. I'm aware of the thread dedicated to styli, but it doesn't contain recommendations specific to the LT1423p so asking for input here.

2. surfaceproartist

surfaceproartist Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I don't know whether I I'll be able to find any Windows 7 devices to test with.

My memory is foggy about compatible pens. I thought it worked with the Fujitsu T-5000 and the Bamboo Feel too.

3. AveSharia

AveSharia Scribbler - Standard Member

I threw this in the discussion about Windows 10 phones, but I thought I'd add it here:

If any of you kids with an LT1423p want to haul it to your nearest MS store, I would be extremely curious to see whether you can get a Lumia 950/XL working with the LT1423p via Continuum.

4. niftytablets

That's too bad, but I appreciate the thought! What Windows version are you on? It could still be helpful data to know how Mischief in particular works on your device with the LT1423p (and it'd welcome data regarding how Sketchbook works as well, but it is less important to me at the moment).

Thanks, that's helpful. If you do end up doing any testing it'd be awesome if you can let me know which pen you use, and also if any additional functions (ie, eraser, secondary button) work or not beyond the one side button.

Thanks!

5. surfaceproartist

I've got Windows 10 installed on the majority of my devices, especially the frequently used ones. The rest are 8.1.
    To what PC are you connecting the LT1423P so I can at least try to use something in the ballpark, if possible.

6. niftytablets

7. niftytablets

For the benefit of others: I've also now tried MyPaint (http://mypaint.intilinux.com) and Krita (https://krita.org) and neither one will recognize the stylus--only touch interactions work.

I'm on the most current Wacom Feel drivers.

Seems like I might be missing something though, as it seems weird for so few programs to work right given that Windows 7 would have been pretty prominent still when this monitor-tablet first came out.

8. surfaceproartist

9. niftytablets

Thanks! Yeah, I had previously read your post (very helpful!), but I'm not seeing anything that I missed.
    • I originally downloaded and installed the July 2014 driver installer for Win 7, 8, 8.1 (most current for my OS, from http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/downloads/ds100329) which I interpreted to be the DisplayLink driver you mention in your post (because it resulted in my having the DisplayLink Manager in my system tray when the monitor is plugged in).
    • I then installed the Wacom Feel Driver (ie, Enhanced Tablet Driver 7.3.1-7, from http://us.wacom.com/en/feeldriver).
    • I did have to do some initial configuring so that my main display would be set as having no touch or pen abilities, and that the LT1423P has both, in order to fix the problem you described of pen input on the LT1423P moving the mouse on the main monitor (very confusing at first!).
    The other weird thing I've run into is that if I try to calibrate the pen input for the LT1423P it displays the calibration screen on the main monitor, and not on the LT1423P. I've not found a solution for that yet. Mirroring the main display works, but it makes the main display resolution limited to the LT1423P resolution, which is not at all desirable.

It is rather bizarre that it doesn't work with these programs. I actually got one (I forget which) to draw momentarily, but basically it would only work for one stroke, and then if I switched to a different tool then that would work once, and so on.

I may try contacting Lenovo support, though I'm not sure how optimistic I feel about getting helped.

10. niftytablets

For any who have the LT1423P working with drawing apps such as Sketchbook, Photoshop, Mischief, MyPaint, Krita, etc., could you share which version of the Wacom driver you have installed, and which drawing apps the LT1423P pen works in (on your installation)? You can find this by going to Device Manager -> Human Interface Devices -> Wacom Device -> Properties -> Driver (tab). I'm on the most recent version (7.3.1.7), but I suspect that an earlier driver might work better with this device (just a hunch at this point).

Even if you aren't able to actually test things at the moment, but you know that the LT1423P worked with any of those drawing apps in the past I'd greatly appreciate knowing what Wacom driver you're using and which drawing apps you've had previous success with.

Thanks in advance to any who post their info!

crashsuit likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.