Lenovo introduces new Yoga models with 'AnyPen' technology

Discussion in 'Lenovo (IBM)' started by surfaceproartist, Jan 5, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jamon

Jamon Scribbler - Standard Member

If anyone wants to try the AnyPen, the Yoga Tablet 2 8" is $240 until May 6th using coupon USPY2865430.

With 275 PPI IPS, 10+ hours of battery, and built-in stand with hook hole, it looks like a handy tablet to have around.

HJK likes this.
  2. DeathMoJo

DeathMoJo The Navy Guy

To piggy back on this it's at $175 for a refurbished model from the Lenovo outlet store. Comes with a 1 year warranty.

Last edited: May 5, 2015
  3. Jamon

Careful, there was a version without AnyPen, and the refurbished model doesn't mention "AnyPen" anywhere.

New:
    8.0" IPS LED LCD Touch With AnyPen Technology (1920x1200)
    Refurbished:
    8.0" Multitouch Display (1920 x 1200)

4. DeathMoJo

DeathMoJo The Navy Guy

Good catch. I bought one anyway so I'll see what it has when it gets here Tuesday and report back

EDIT: I looked articles up and the US only ever received the 8 inch version with AnyPen if it was a Windows version. So unless my refurb is foreign, I should be good.

Last edited: May 4, 2015
  5. DeathMoJo

DeathMoJo The Navy Guy

Received today and can confirm ordering from the US Lenovo Outlet store I received an 8 inch model with AnyPen. Mine looks brand new with no scratches. Refurbed on April 15th according to the box.

As of this post, still 11 available at $175. Comes with full 1 year warranty.

http://outlet.lenovo.com/outlet_us/itemdetails/59RF2257/445

6. Jamon

Sounds like you got a good deal, at 30% off the sale price, or 42% off list. Do you like it?

7. DeathMoJo

DeathMoJo The Navy Guy

Only played with it for about 5 hours so far and I enjoy it. Still have 67% battery life!

Actually purchased to replace a ThinkPad 8 tablet that I will be selling shortly. I am familiar with smaller tablets having full windows so have no issue with some quirks people have due to the size. I knew going in the small HD space so a memory card stores all my music and videos.

Build quality is surprisingly nice and the rounded battery makes for a nice and comfortable grip. Screen is nice and the stand is a huge plus over my ThinkPad. There is a little flex on the plastic piece between the battery and screen but understandable due to how thin it is. AnyPen works ok, some things better than others. I found a good pen that works almost every time so I'll stick with that.

Installed Office 2013 and everything runs great. Pairs perfectly with my Bluetooth mouse and keyboard.

Awesome deal IMO for a someone who likes tablets and wants or needs full computer capability from time to time.

8. DeathMoJo

DeathMoJo The Navy Guy

9. Jamon

10. DeathMoJo

DeathMoJo The Navy Guy

Good stuff, hopefully you enjoy it. Price has dropped another $10 to $165 and more are available!

That case looks good. I personally am not a huge fan of a silicone case unless it has a firm grip on the product. I can't stand ones that move. If you get it, report back on how it is.

I received the Lenovo sleeve case, fits like a glove. As the Lenovo review said, the screen protector is the wrong size but I bought it for the sleeve and at $6 shipped, I can't complain too much.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.