Lenovo introduces new Yoga models with 'AnyPen' technology

Discussion in 'Lenovo (IBM)' started by surfaceproartist, Jan 5, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crcondes

crcondes Pen Pal - Newbie

Hoping someone here can help with a question about the Thinkpad Yogas with ActivePen.

From the first link:
    "Active Pen: Some: Wacom Activepen,batteries required (WE only)"

And from the second link, WE and US seem to be the two distribution options. US is pretty obvious, but can anyone tell me what WE means? Are the models with active pen not available in the US at all? Sorry if this has been answered somewhere already.

2. gcoupe

gcoupe Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

WE = Western Europe

3. cbutters

cbutters Scribbler - Standard Member

I've kindof given up on my Yoga 2 8" w/ anypen... I still can't find a comfortable way to manage the big cylinder... and it makes it awkward to slide in with my other papers / folders that I might be holding, and in general if I'm using portrait mode... i can't just set it down without it looking funny. The resolution is incredible though and the cylinder IS good for landscape modes. All in all though My Vivotab Note 8 is getting pretty long in the tooth as my lightweight note taking device... but it is still the best option.... *Sigh*

4. Jamon

Jamon Scribbler - Standard Member

I'm still using mine every day, with Windows 10. I didn't get a case, and it's been dropped multiple times now, and has survived. I find the kickstand to be useful, and I use it all the time. I even open it slightly to carry the tablet around more securely.

It's not a full pleasure to use though, as there are many little annoyances with the device, and I am awaiting something to replace it. But I'd buy the cylinder kickstand design again.

Here's a clip of me painting with a carrot: https://instagram.com/p/7amf4tiyp5/

5. Robbie Owens

Robbie Owens Pen Pal - Newbie

Was just checking out this forum for fun. I currently have the Yoga 14 with integrated graphics (940m) I had to buy the active pen separate direct from Lenovo, but I really do love it. It tracks like a beast, has two buttons and works well with the machine. Overall I'm still not sure If I'm going to keep it. It truly is the best of both worlds, as I can be in class, flip it into tablet mode take my notes and after class play a game of League or CS go while I wait for my next class. I love that. A lot. However, sometimes things get choppy, it won't wake up from sleep mode, has heavy mouse cursor lag etc. The lack of any sort of companion SSD makes me sad considering I paid almost 1000 bucks for it and the terabyte HDD is painfully slow sometimes. Overall the jury is still out. I'm not quite sure if it's worth mid 900s but it's pretty beastly nonetheless.

thatcomicsguy likes this.
  6. Shogmaster

Shogmaster Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

That's like running a new Ferrari on 14" rims. Shove in a decent size SSD for couple of hundred.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.