Lenovo introduces Miix 510 with lesser specs than Miix 700, but not fanless?

Discussion in 'Lenovo (IBM)' started by Shogmaster, Aug 3, 2016.

1. Art_N00b

Art_N00b Scribbler - Standard Member

Thanks for the info everyone. Re: speed, I notice that Lenovo goes out of their way to advertise the 2133 MHz speed of the RAM. I'm really curious to see app benchmarks between these two machines.

No backlight sucks. And yeah, my last Lenovo had trackpad problems. I wish they would revisit their trackpad from scratch.

Here is Teoh's hands-on video from a couple days ago with a couple minutes on the 510:

2. kikkoi

kikkoi Pen Pal - Newbie

3. Art_N00b

Art_N00b Scribbler - Standard Member

That review is quite thorough. Thanks! The 510 does indeed have faster storage than the SP 4 m3 as I suspected. It also beats it in app benchmarks and storage benchmarks, but not in GPU. Interestingly it lags in the 3D gaming benchmark though that will only matter to people who play 3D games on such a device.

I noticed they compared it mostly to the SP4 i5 which makes sense based on specs, but if you were to compare the closest priced SP4, that would be the m3 (and still more expensive).

They also said "Leonovo says a backlight is optional" ... in fact the only model I can get at http://shop.lenovo.com/us/en/tablets/lenovo/miix-series/miix_510/ is the 80U10066US which says "Backlit English Keyboard". The model in the review is 80U10006GE. So this might vary by market.

4. Shogmaster

Shogmaster Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

That battery life while only surfing wifi... Yikes...

If Feel driver is not a crucial requirement, I'd recommend seeking out a Miix 700 deal for those considering this. NVMe read speed of 1500MB/s is nice and all, but that 300MB/s seq read is no better than some 2242 SATA M.2 you can shove into Miix 700.

5. MacrosTheBlack007

MacrosTheBlack007 Scribbler - Standard Member

Is the SSD upgradeable? Looks like there's a few screws under the kickstand. Wasn't sure if the SSD was hidden there.

6. Shiratori

Shiratori Pen Pal - Newbie

Picked up an i3 model yesterday, along with a Bamboo Smart stylus. I like it so far, a very nice upgrade from my Dell Venue 11 Pro. I'll probably get another one when I get paid next month for my fiancée as she does digital art and is currently using a Cube iWork11 but is starting to hit the limits of its Atom CPU.