Lenovo introduces Miix 510 with lesser specs than Miix 700, but not fanless?

Discussion in 'Lenovo (IBM)' started by Shogmaster, Aug 3, 2016.

1. RT545

RT545 Scribbler - Standard Member

Too bas they missed the opportunity to add usb 3.1 type C or thunderbolt 3, so I hope they will lower the price because of that...

2. Art_N00b

Art_N00b Scribbler - Standard Member

3. davor

davor Pen Pal - Newbie

4. aceflor

aceflor Pen Pal - Newbie

It is available in some EU countries now. I ordered one yesterday from the Spanish Lenovo online shop, and received a confirmation that it should be on its way in 2 to 3 days.

I saw that Lenovo is offering Wacom Drivers for it, as seen here: http://support.lenovo.com/es/en/products/Tablets/Miix-Series/miix-510-12-isk/downloads/DS119089 so hopefully the inking experience will be good.

It seems to be delivered with the Active Pen, at least in Spain where I am for the moment. If not, I will use the Bamboo Smart Stylus I bought this summer. I ordered the i3, 4GB/128 GB combo for € 629 with a coupon (IDEAOCTES for 10% rebate if it can help someone) as 4GB RAM is sufficient for me and I would replace the SSD for a bigger one if needed.

I do not mind the 16:10, nor the smaller resolution than the 700, but the absence of a microSD slot does bother. The 700 is either not available in most shops, Lenovo included, or sold at prices that are higher than Lenovo's were. I would rather have bought a 700, but oh well, I have 15 days to try this and decide whether to keep it or not.

I have the 256 SSD from my Pavilion which I can maybe use if needed, as it seems to fit on the paper, but I'd love 512 GB on board. Would that not be too much for the 4GB RAM though ?

kvoram likes this.
  5. kvoram

kvoram Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

It would be great if you to tell us a bit about your impressions of the device when you have it. As for an SSD upgrade, RAM doesn't matter in that regard.

aceflor likes this.
  6. aceflor

aceflor Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks. I will tell you as soon as I have it. I am a tad suspicious as to whether it will really be sent this week, as I know Lenovo is not reliable datewise.

I have learned my lesson with the Pavilion. This time I'd rather put more money in but have a device I'll be able to enjoy longer. The Pavilion, before the display accident, was getting excruciatingly slow so I was thinking of switching to something else anyway.

If the 510 does not work for me, I'll get a Surface, a 700 or an Acer Switch Alpha.

7. kvoram

kvoram Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

If the 510 does not work for you, you might also want to wait for the recently leaked Miix 720, which looks to be basically an "upgraded" 510/700. Though nobody knows when that might be released.

aceflor likes this.
  8. aceflor

aceflor Pen Pal - Newbie

This could be a plan... except that I am without a PC right now, basically only having my iPad Pro. Which is great, but not enough (although I have managed much more than I thought possible in the last few days) for my needs.

9. FZelle

FZelle Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

There is no reason for a PC to get excruciatingly slower nowadays.
    You either had a hw problem or some serious sw problem.

10. Shogmaster

Shogmaster Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

Hold the F up... Miix 510 has a Wacom driver for it? It's not using Elan panel?!?

mathartist likes this.