Lenovo IdeaTab A2109 Review: A Contender, Not a Champion Discussion

Discussion in 'News Headlines' started by Grant Hatchimonji, Oct 17, 2012.

1. Grant Hatchimonji

Grant Hatchimonji Brighthand Editor Reviewer

[​IMG]The Lenovo IdeaTab A2109 seeks to strike a balance for consumers looking for a powerful media consumption tablet. At 9 inches, the A2109 provides more display real estate for those who find 7-inch tablets too cramped while offering a slightly more compact form factor than a 10-inch tablet.

Packing a powerful quad-core, Tegra 3 processor and running Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich), the A2109 has some premium specs at a relatively modest price of $300. That being said, like most things, this tablet isn't perfect. So is the A2109 a steal, or are you better off just sucking up the smaller screen size and going with a true budget tablet?

Read the full content of this Article: Lenovo IdeaTab A2109 Review: A Contender, Not a Champion

Related Articles:

Lenovo IdeaTab S2109 Review: A Step Behind The Competition

Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 Review: A Sequel Slightly Better than the Original

Fujitsu Stylistic M532 Review

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  2. tammrm

tammrm Pen Pal - Newbie

I must disagree with you, Grant, on the screen. I bought my tablet a few days ago (for $236) and am extremely satisfied. I researched several tablets in this price range, and the Lenovo is definitely "the mostest for the leastest." I popped in a $20 16 GB micro SD card right away, so now have 32 GB of storage. Though you and other reviewers critized the screen, I have no problem with it. It is as good as the screen on my HTC EVO 4G LTE. This tablet has features tablets costing twice as much don't have

3. beto_nl

beto_nl Pen Pal - Newbie

I am glad I decided to ignore all those negative video reviews out there.

Here in Holland there is no better Tablet for this price range (199 euros) !
    I purchased it in april 2013 (this review on this thread is from 2012 and my A2109 is running Jelly Bean 4.1.1(dutch)

For the price, it over exceeded my expectations.

It's not only that it got a GPS chip , but it is working great ( outdoors of course), locking reasonably fast to the satellites and stable!
    Great WiFi performance unlike many other budget tablets over here.

Rear Camera aint good , but who needs a rearcamera on a Tablet anyway. Other (even more expensive) tablets don't even have one!

Screen is no IPS and the lack of IPS is only really noticeable when playing some games that needs tilting the screen forward/down but still doable.
    All other angles are ok.

Having that said, for the rest, screen looks good enough
    Many other more expensive tablets got same resolution (1280x800 ) even on bigger screens (10.1")

It's snappy (quadcore processor), battery efficient, got great sound, meaning .... great all-round performance

And the size ! 9 inches is the best in my opinion- not too big , not too small

Sure you can look for a Champion, meaning an abusively priced device that don't even have a replaceable battery

I prefer another kind of Champ:
    Not the best tablet out there, but certainly the BEST BUY ! ( Did I mention , 199 euros?)

That's a Champion for me :p-