Lenovo IdeaPad Yoga 900s

Discussion in 'Lenovo (IBM)' started by ibmthink, Jan 5, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ibmthink

ibmthink Scribbler - Standard Member

It may not be 10", but it sure is fanless and very light - just 2.2 lbs / 999 g.

The 900s is the smaller 12.5" version of the Yoga 900. Its based on Core M CPUs instead of Core i processors. Available in March, also avalable with Active Pen! Available in Silver and Gold.

http://www.windowscentral.com/video-lenovo-yoga-900s

JoeS likes this.
  2. gcoupe

gcoupe Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

While I'm sure it will be fine for simple note-taking, I'm a bit surprised that Lenovo hasn't kept the Core i processors in order to give some oomph for artist software...

3. JoeS

JoeS I'm all ears Senior Member

This looks really great, but no silo, and no trackpoint. Otherwise a really nice machine. Lenovo is kicking butt this CES.

4. Mr. Boosh

Mr. Boosh Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

About ****ing time!

I never buy new machines, but I may actually buy one of these new.

I was perfectly content with Core M5y71, so an M7 will be great.

Hope it's Wacom AES.

5. Mr. Boosh

How is no one else excited about this? The last time I purchased a new computer was my old ThinkPad T400 back in the day, but I'm buying this new for sure.

Guess I'll be going back to 12.5 inches.

6. soh5

soh5 Wait and Hope (Bronsky et al.) Senior Member

^ This is exactly the reason most of us who have used Lenovo machines are just "meh" about it. I think most of us are Thinkpad users who love that little red trackpoint and Thinkpad Keyboard.

The silo is another reason.

7. JoeS

I'm also a bit surprised that this thread is so quiet. This thing looks incredible. Super light weight, fanless yet pretty powerful with core-M. Looks really great to me, minus that trackpoint/keyboard/silo issue. It doesn't have OneLink+ but I assume one could hook this up to a USB type-C compatible dock for efficient connection to at least one high res external monitor and ethernet, right?

Mr. Boosh likes this.
  8. bloodycape

bloodycape confused Senior Member

I would be more excited if it was under the ThinkPad brand as I have owned(technically still do) a Yoga RT, and the ThinkPad Tablet(the n-trig based Android one) and know what services is like. ThinkPad service blows the doors of IdeaPad/consumer service, by a mile.

9. JoeS

Some demo scribbles with the pen (at about 1 min in). Zero detail, but it does show that it works. Edit: at the end of the video it's mentioned that the device will be $1099. Pretty steep for core m.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2016
  10. Mr. Boosh

I really don't need a spec powerhouse. I don't need connectors to external displays because I have a beastly m-ITX desktop and dual monitor set-up at home, I don't need a trackpoint. All I've been looking for for the longest time is a super lightweight convertible laptop with an active digitizer.

Hopefully this is it. I know the keyboard won't be as awesome as a ThinkPad, but if it's better than the keyboard that I used on the Z20t, I'll be more than happy. ‎