Lenovo Flex 5G Windows on Arm Notebook

Discussion in 'Lenovo (IBM)' started by Bronsky, Jun 16, 2020.

1. desertlap

desertlap Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Agreed, far and away the nicest surface device from a pure hardware perspective.

2. jnjroach

jnjroach Technology Strategist Super Moderator

The danger with communities like ours is that we do get the idea that Windows Tablets must fit into our specific scenario or need, so when people research they get the impression that these are dead in the water. So between this and the lazy Tech Press WOA lacks traction in mindshare or impression.

Adobe has been slow with their ports on WOA but what I know is it is still coming, but I reiterate that those of us that the WOA devices work with what we need we love them. I know that I'm an outlier here, but I was also able to do everything I needed on the RT and Surface 2, heck I also was able to function on the Galaxy Tab S6.

I'm cloud native, and use knowledge apps (M365, Teams, Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Cloud Management Tools).

Chris_Kez, desertlap and thierryb like this.
  3. desertlap

@jnjroach

You are saying what I constantly remind my folks of which is that just because something doesn't fit your needs or what you want in a device also doesn't preclude it being a great fit for someone with a different set of needs and requirements.

In that vein, I always make a point of trying to understood other workflows and requirements

So that being said, my question is this. Do you see other devices on the market that would also be a good fit, and why?

I get for instance the benefits of the built in LTE and the overall superb design of the hardware design itself. But given what I can glean form your usage, would say a Yoga 940 or for that matter a Galaxy Chromebook also be an option?

Thanks in advance :)

jnjroach and Chris_Kez like this.
  4. bloodycape

bloodycape confused Senior Member

Now let's not be hasty & put all the blame on software, Qualcomm has some blame here too.

Chris_Kez likes this.
  5. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

If it doesn't fit my needs, the hell with it! :vbcool:

darkmagistric and JoeS like this.
  6. JoeS

JoeS I'm all ears Senior Member

I belatedly realize I missed the perfect opportunity to use "Weird flex but OK"

7. Shogmaster

Shogmaster Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

The best one liners always comes to me few hours too late lol

JoeS likes this.
  8. JoeS

JoeS I'm all ears Senior Member

Relevant Seinfeld line: "The jerk store called, and they're running out of you!"

Shogmaster likes this.
  9. jnjroach

jnjroach Technology Strategist Super Moderator

Well I used the Galaxy Tab S6 for a while, but OneNote on Android was frustrating to use daily. I have a Chromebook for my Google engagement and it's great for what I do for them, but I'm a Surface guy, have been since Gen 1, I've used every generation since. I'm not a huge fan of the Yoga style even though my One Netbook is that style, but I use it like a UMPC.

Also, Microsoft is my ecosystem of choice, I have a personal O365 E3 subscription for my family.

desertlap and djas like this.
  10. desertlap

Thanks for that.

Totally agree on the 0365 Active directory ecosystem. Our own company is highly tied to it as well. And Office itself, as much as people bag on it is by far the most powerful flexible versatile productivity suite going. Nothing comes even close.

Your feelings about Android OneNote and for that matter all of the office apps on Android are second by the Android users in our customer base. I wonder/hope that will the release of the duo that they at least get them on par with the iOS version or even better.

And I go back and forth, and will wait and see, but the Duo could be the first device I'd consider leaving the iPhone for.

jnjroach likes this.