Lenovo Acquires Fujitsu PC Business

Discussion in 'Lenovo (IBM)' started by Steve S, Nov 3, 2017.

1. Steve S

Steve S Pen Pro - Senior Member Super Moderator

2. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

As much as I've liked my Fuji notebooks and tablets, more recently, I've been spooked about the number of negative comments I've heard about slow and sometimes difficult warranty service. I wonder if that will improve now or will Lenovo just allow the brand to decay? Will future Fujitsu's be made in Japan?

3. Steve S

Steve S Pen Pro - Senior Member Super Moderator

<<...I wonder if that will improve now or will Lenovo just allow the brand to decay?..>>

...Someone else made the comment that Lenovo has done a decent job with the ThinkPad brand, so perhaps we can hope that they will treat Fujitsu the same way.

From a purely financial point of view, I don't see why a company would buy another brand only to let it decay away.... MICROSOFT...!!!

JoeS likes this.
  4. Starlight5

Starlight5 I'm a cat. What else is there to say, really?

If the parts become cheap and easily available like for Thinkpads, I won't miss the old Fujitsu.

5. Bishop

Bishop Scribbler - Standard Member

But before you buy the target, you make them the main supplier of your mobile OS hardware. Then you buy the supplier. Then you kill the hardware and write off the investment. THEN you announce EOL for the mobile OS.

There's a case study here somewhere: When the new CEO trashes his predecessor's investments...

6. Selofain

Selofain Chronic Lurker

Oh oh, service manuals too!

Fujitsu hasn't made anything interesting in a while. I love my T901, but as a whole, I won't miss Fujitsu that much.

Starlight5 likes this.