Lenova C940 15 inch (the numpad version)

Discussion in 'Lenovo (IBM)' started by Worzyl, May 29, 2020.

1. Worzyl

Worzyl Pen Pal - Newbie

Has anyone been using this for art? I can't find any artist reviews for it and would like to know more about the pen experience. Is it any good for artwork?

I am a 3d animator (job wise) but I also create 2d art work and may need to start doing it more seriously.

JoeS likes this.
  2. Worzyl

Worzyl Pen Pal - Newbie

Should I skip this machine? I have read that the viewing angles aren't great, but it has fantastic audio.

3. ATIVQ

ATIVQ V⅁O⅄ Senior Member

If you're worried about viewing angles you could get the HP Spectre X360 15 or Dell XPS 15 7590.

At 15.6" none of them can function as a sketchpad, but they are all very suitable for art. The Spectre has good speakers, the Dell XPS 15 7590 has okay speakers. The XPS has the best color gamut, but the Spectre has an OLED model.

They're all very good choices. If you get the Spectre get the Raphael 520 pen, it provides a better experience than other MPP pens. The Yoga and XPS have AES 2.0 which should provide better polling rate than MPP.

4. Worzyl

Worzyl Pen Pal - Newbie

Thank you for the infomation. I still have my eye on the Samsung Galaxy Book Flex and was thinking to buy a portable MOFT/Ringke/Nillkin as a drawing stand along with a portable bluetooth keyboard to use for keyboard shortcuts. All of those would be light to travel with and not take up too much baggage space.

The Spectre looks like a featured product.

It's all back and forth!