Left speaker very low sound?

Discussion in 'EP121 Slate' started by DGS, May 3, 2011.

1. DGS

DGS Pen Pal - Newbie

I am assuming there is something wrong with my unit. Playing around with a ton of settings no matter what i do volume on the left speaker is always a fraction of the right speaker. Anyone else have this problem? Or can confirm that it should not be this way?

2. kamikaze458

kamikaze458 Scribbler - Standard Member

I cant confirm it, but it seems the left side of the slate has troubles in some units. So, try to test everything (USBs, SDCARD, HDMI, etc) to see if something is acting weird too.

If you have an external dvd drive, consider using a linux LIVECD (i assume that it will detect the soundcard), and if the sound problem persists then it's probably a HW problem.

3. Pete in Hyder

Pete in Hyder Z160 1984 $2800 33# My1st

My left speaker is a bit louder than the right, but I can adjust it by moving the balance control in Media Monkey one notch to the right. That makes them sound about equal to me.

4. DGS

DGS Pen Pal - Newbie

Yeah everything seems to work, my left speaker still come i at like %10 of the right one even messing with the balances. Looks like ill be using amazons lengthy returns :(

5. kamikaze458

kamikaze458 Scribbler - Standard Member

why amazon? dont you have to use asus warranty?

One other thing that you can try is to plug in some external speaker/earphones and listen if they are imabalanced too. If they are not, it's probably HW problem.

Dont worry, had to send mine to asus warranty too.

6. Grimspoon

Grimspoon Scribbler - Standard Member

Asus warranty should only be used if you're out of warranty from the place you bought the unit from.

7. CF77

CF77 Love Tablet. Senior Member

Mine is ok..use Realtek audio manager .there a test page..