Leaning toward T4010D

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by Brian, Jun 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. centaur8

centaur8 Pen Pal - Newbie

I've been researching posts on Tablets for the better part of a few months. By no means am I an expert, but even with the new Sonoma platforms coming out...I'm still leaning toward the 'older' Fujitsu T4010D.

Your site has been a great help in my search- I've read and read and read and read....

If (when!) I take the plunge, I would be happy to post my experience with the T4010. I've had the opportunity to only play with a couple tablets, but none have yet been convertibles.

One site that has been interesting is Eric Mack's blog on Tablets www.ericmackonline.com (see tablet pc). He has not sugar-coated his experiences so far, even so he remains committed to giving the Tablet platform its due. He purchased the Tecra M4-- He's been gracious about some things, and not about others.

After thinking further...I decided if it was too heavy, I wouldn't carry it with me as often. Even so- I've configured and added it to my cart 20 times on Toshiba's site. The speedy specs are hard to resist.

After cutting out everything that I know I do not need, and including everything I know I want...it still comes back to the T4010. I'm not going to try and wait out the next latest and greatest, but am going to take the plunge soon.

Thanks Again and will let you know how things work out.

Charlie

2. Brian

Brian Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I can't try to talk you out of that one, it's a nice machine, even compared to the newer crop of models. When buying Fujitsu, give www.portableone.com a try.

3. Dr. David

Dr. David Pen Pal - Newbie

I just recieved my new Fujitsu 4010D this morning from the tech guys at my hospital. The computer seems light enough to carry around, use with a patient in the room and I can still take out the optical drive. Although it does get warm, heat does not seem to be a problem. The XGA screen is easy to read under fluorescent lights. You do need to tap the sceen with the pen staight up and down. I have not attempted the voice recognition yet. Obviously, I have a lot of learning to do about the Tablet options and programs but already I can see this platform is going to decrease the time needed for my charting. I can't complaint yet.

4. centaur8

centaur8 Pen Pal - Newbie

Sounds good guys- I didn't think about PortableOne's site.

Thanks for the post Dr. David, I'm always looking for real world experience of these machines and not just a week long review. I do some tech and computer work for my job and wanted the option of a tablet for when I travel or take home. For real work though it is hard to beat a full-sized keyboard!!

I've struggled with Tablet vs. ultraportable vs. just very portable...again I've been drawn to the Fujitsu...P7000, S7000. After testing a couple ultraportables I couldn't handle the smaller keyboards...my hands cramp as it is! The S7000 seems about the right size for all the options, but ultimately the Tablet is the bigger draw.

Any thoughts on the screen? I've read mixed reviews on the SXGA vs. XGA. I'm leaning toward the indoor XGA, with the Port replicator so that I can have an external monitor. It looks as though on the external monitor you can still crank up the resolution if wanted (up to 1600x1200 external).

This multiple monitor ability has worked well with some other laptops in our office.

Charlie

5. Brian

Brian Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Yes, you can hook up an external monitor up to 1600x1200.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.