LE1700 - Screen upgrade

Discussion in 'Motion Computing' started by ivar, Dec 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jack33

jack33 Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi,
    here are the connections for the tos screen.

CN1 INPUT SIGNAL
    Connector : FI-XB30SRL-HF11 / JAE
    Mating Connector : FI-X30M, FI-X30MR) / JAE
    Terminal No. Symbol Function
    Assistant Terminal GND
    1 GND
    2 VDD Power Supply: +3.3V
    3 VDD Power Supply: +3.3V
    4 NC
    5 NC
    6 NC
    7 NC
    8 OR0- ODD Transmission Data of Pixels 0(Negative: -)
    9 OR0+ ODD Transmission Data of Pixels 0(Positive: +)
    10 GND
    11 OR1- ODD Transmission Data of Pixels 1(Negative: -)
    12 OR1+ ODD Transmission Data of Pixels 1(Positive: +)
    13 GND
    14 OR2- ODD Transmission Data of Pixels 2(Negative:)
    15 OR2+ ODD Transmission Data of Pixels 2(Positive: +)
    16 GND
    17 OCK- ODD Sample Clock (Negative: -)
    18 OCK+ ODD Sample Clock (Positive: +)
    19 GND
    20 ER0- EVEN Transmission Data of Pixels 0(Negative: -)
    21 ER0+ EVEN Transmission Data of Pixels 0(Positive: +)
    22 GND
    23 ER1- EVEN Transmission Data of Pixels 1(Negative: -)
    24 ER1+ EVEN Transmission Data of Pixels 1(Positive: +)
    25 GND
    26 ER2- EVEN Transmission Data of Pixels 2(Negative: -)
    27 ER2+ EVEN Transmission Data of Pixels 2(Positive: +)
    28 GND
    29 ECK- EVEN Sample Clock (Negative: -)
    30 ECK+ EVEN Sample Clock (Positive: +)
    Assistant Terminal GND
    Note 1) Please connect GND pin to ground. Don't use it as no-connect nor connection with high impedance.
    Note 2) Please connect NC pin to nothing. Don’t connect it to ground nor to other signal input.

2. ivar

ivar Pen Pal - Newbie

Whaw, jack!
    If you have got more detailed specs, pls PM me.

Thanks! I will try to make use of it and report.

3. ivar

ivar Pen Pal - Newbie

BREAKING NEWS!!!

There was wrong information posted by a colleague above that XGA and SXGA+ Hydis cables on LE1700 are different. They ARE IDENTICAL, except the part number.

You CAN use XGA cable from LE1700-s with XGA screens (which are also made by Hydis) in order to connect SXGA+ Hydis screens, and it WILL WORK fine!

I will post more details later.

4. cartoonmonkey

cartoonmonkey Pen Pal - Newbie

HELP!!!

I have a le1700 with a cracked screen. The original sxga screen was a Hydis HV121P01-101, and the new one is the Toshiba LTD121KM2M.

20 pin vs 30 pin! Argh. (The new screen has 30 pin)
    Anyone know of a way I can get a 20 to 30 pin converter, or where to get the right cable with the wacom connector cable.. (the funny Y cable that connects lcd and wacom to the motherboard.)
    Or am I out of luck with this screen?

Free cartoons to whoever helps!
    :)
    Thanks!
    C

5. wiggy1

wiggy1 Pen Pal - Newbie

@cartoonmonkey - I have a cable I will trade you for. It is the Toshiba cable for the Toshiba screen. I had been looking for the Hydis cable myself.

I will send you a PM.

6. cartoonmonkey

cartoonmonkey Pen Pal - Newbie

I kind of answered my own question here.. I hastily posted that knowing that I rather stupidly purchased the wrong non boe-hydis screen. On the offer to take my Boe-Hydis 20 pin cable off my hands in trade a standard screen 30 pin cable. (Toshiba)

Uhh.. no thanks. :-D

I ended up purchasing another Hydis screen from "East Coast LCD's" aka "Bliss Computers".

The first time I replaced this screen, I had ordered that exact part number from Bliss. They said they had it "in stock" and I paid for overnight shipping. They sent me a series of confusing e-mails saying it had been shipped, (it hadn't) and it finally arrived about a week later after a series of complaints.

The new screen APPEARED to be Boe-Hydis sxga+ and the person at Bliss ( They are now doing business under another name through Amazon, called East Coast LCD's, I believe to try and dodge a page of complaints about Bliss Computers that you can find pretty easily through Google)..

But in retrospect, I think this person has a Chinese link to some SXGA+ screens that they're labeling as Boe-Hydis. I forget the wording on the site(s) but you'll see something like: "We will ship you a 100% COMPATIBLE screen, to the one in the description" ..so it's a tricky workaround.

I was assured the SXGA+ screen I received had "a glass layer" over the top of the screen, and in fact it did. But not any sort of actually tempered glass / bonded gorilla glass, or whatever Motion used. (A Dupont glass, I believe) It appears to be a thin glass that cracked rather easily.. so I'm onto my 2nd replacement screen.

Sadly, when I purchased this on Amazon with overnight shipping, I was shocked to see the order not coming from East Coast LCD's but from "Bliss Computers" again! Argh.

So, lesson learned. I would have rather never purchased from this shady company ever again. I think I'll hunt down a Le1700 convertible keyboard, and avoid crushing the screen in the old backpack this time..
    Ha!

C

7. wiggy1

wiggy1 Pen Pal - Newbie

Good call on keeping the cable. I will say though that the standard munting clip that was ud in several Motion carrying cases and can be found sedately for mounting on RAM mounts makes a good screen protector and is lighter than the keybord. The keyboard has a couple weights which help balance the keyboard and tablet. Do a search on Tablet PC Buzz for the clip part number.

8. nameless

nameless Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi,

How researching goes? I've bought recently a dual-core 1.5GHz LE1700 that was supposed to have Hydis screen, but after chatting with Motion's support and providing serial number, I was told it's non-Hydis. It doesn't have VA either, so it's the worst screen I could get. Oh well. If I understand correctly, plugging SXGA+ Hydis into Toshiba LE1700 with LE1600's cable won't give anything, with except black screen, due to different motherboard output signals? (Also, I'm not sure if 20 vs 30 pins difference is only on LCD side, or on motherboard as well - do Toshiba and Hydis cables have same number of pins on motherboard side?)

I have second LE1700, bought so I could get extended battery. It's certainly Toshiba screen with awful brightness and viewing angles and greenish screen. It has also VA and single core 1.2GHz. But I guess it's wont be helpful in any way in researching for video cable conversion.

9. iamwind76@gmail.com

iamwind76@gmail.com Pen Pal - Newbie

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  10. iamwind76@gmail.com

iamwind76@gmail.com Pen Pal - Newbie

Finally I found the truth :D
    LOOK!

Close to JP6 in MB_1.jpg
    Close to JP6 in MB.jpg Close to JP6.jpg JP6.jpg

Last edited: Nov 15, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.