LE 1600 XP driver issues

Discussion in 'Motion Computing' started by jessease, Jul 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jessease

jessease Pen Pal - Newbie

I recently purchased an LE1600 off ebay and installed XP on it. It seems to run fine and is in perfect condition except for the following:

1) Buttons do not work: When I open dashboard and click pens and buttons options nothing opens. The pen calibration says it is missing tabcal.exe

2) WIFI does not work: Installed driver but it says: adapter problem, driver not installed

Note: LAN installed fine but also continues to show up as missing in device list, also in missing devices, there is 1 unknown device

SPECS: XP SP3 (with critical and LAN updates), Latest A12 BIOS, P1.60g , 1.49g ram (only 1g installed)
    Installed drivers:
    -Dashboard V4007
    -Motion Button driver 3118
    -WLAN driver v105175
    -LAN NIC
    -Bluetooth (working)
    -Wacom Tablet PC driver: ISD_DualTouch_711-12 (is this the best one?)

Also is there any way to emulate OpenGL 2.0 if mine only seems to run 1.4?

Thank you!

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2015
  2. jessease

Motion is suggesting I purchase the recovery discs to see if the buttons or wifi start to work. Does that seem like a likely solution since I have installed all of the drivers from their site?

The wifi card may be bad. It is possibly showing up as one of the two missing devices labeled Ethernet controller or unknown device. Either way none of the wireless drivers update the missing devices.

As for the buttons, those do show up in the device list, I just have no way of accessing them since the dashboard won't launch the buttons application. I am not sure if that is likely a software or hardware issue. I can live without the wifi but would really like to get the buttons working. Any ideas are greatly appreciated :)

3. jessease

I removed the WIFI card and the 'unknown device' disappeared so I at least know the computer is seeing it. Still not sure if that means the WIFI card is bad or the drivers are not working. I also found out that the buttons do work in the BIOS but still do not work in XP. Both sound like driver issues but would still like to find out if getting the Motion disc will likely solve these problems before I spend $25 on nothing. Also interested in seeing if anyone has a copy of the Motion XP Tablet install disc they would like to sell.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.