LCD coming off of bezel. Anyone else?

Discussion in 'Lenovo (IBM)' started by gvy, Oct 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. P8RSON

P8RSON Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

If you have only had it for a week I would consider informing Lenova and consider listening to what they have to say about it.

The opening poster, jk2jt had only been in receipt of his machine for the same period of one week before he decided to send it back for repairs.
    We are still waiting to hear back from him on what they did and say.

2. jk2jt

jk2jt Pen Pal - Newbie

they've been waiting for screen shipment. when the last one came in, they failed some tests so i think they're trying to figure out the problem. also, rep i talked to said new shipment will be in today. hopefully they fixed the screen problem.

3. cooldude1015

cooldude1015 Pen Pal - Newbie

:( I've just noticed this problem on my 2 day old x61. I guess I'm going to wait to see how lenovo fixes this b4 sending it in.. >_< I wish I got the 3yr warranty now lol. >_<

4. tgrimley

tgrimley Scribbler - Standard Member

Has anyone with this problem immediately after they got it tried to get their warranty extended to so that it starts when you get a *functional* machine?

5. cooldude1015

yeah, I'm pretty sure you can still upgrade your warranty as long as you're currently in warranty. The only problem is that I wanted the extra SPP discount, tailormade discount, and the fatwallet discount on that warranty. :p

6. eskimochaos

eskimochaos Pen Pal - Newbie

It's happening to mine as well (sxga+) it only happens when in tablet mode, when in laptop mode, it is perfectly flush. I say we just deal with it for now, Lenovo will probably find a fix which will probably just be more heat-resistant tape and fix it for free. Luckily I have onsite warranty and accidental damage protection so if I really dont like it and it gets a lot worse, I can just "accidentally" drop something on the screen to get a new one. Oh well, we'll see?

Anyone else just have the problem when in tablet mode?

7. cooldude1015

yeah in tablet mode the bezel has constant pressure on it so that's why you see it. If you look at that spot while you're opening the screen you'll see then as well.

8. eskimochaos

eskimochaos Pen Pal - Newbie

exacltly, those are the points that I see it as well, im not going to worry about it that much - although I do think its weird that there is stress on that point of the laptop in a static position such as tablet mode

9. MikeRoz

MikeRoz Pen Pal - Newbie

Hey guys, just a thought - just a random, crazy thought -

Does anyone with WWAN have this issue?

10. Sav

Sav Pen Pal - Newbie

My 2 day old tablet has just had it's lcd popped, and also my tablet pen doesn't work (the tip keeps rotating rapidly and squeeking constantly). School starts for me on Monday, any idea how long repairs take?

Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.