LCD coming off of bezel. Anyone else?

Discussion in 'Lenovo (IBM)' started by gvy, Oct 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jk2jt

jk2jt Pen Pal - Newbie

Hello everyone,

I can't believe this thread has gotten so many views and lots of replies. It was my first thread ever ha...

Anyways, I have sent it in for repairs and have been waiting for a while now. about 2 weeks I think. When I sent it in I thought they would reapply the glue or hopefully stronger glue. But when I called in to check on the status, they told me they were waiting on the LCD to arrive.

Now I know that the reason why the x61t demands weren't met timely enough for the customers was becuase lenovo is having a hard time finding a LCD supplier. If I had known they were gonna replace the whole LCD I would have given it a second thought.

Bascially I've only had the tablet for like a week before I saw the problem and decided to get my moneys worth and get it repaired. Hopefully they have changed something about the new LCDs because the LCD coming off the bezel really bugs the hell out of me. What if a bug crawled in there or food got flug in there...

So thats my update. Hopefully it was useful for you guys and best of wishes to myself.

JK

2. P8RSON

P8RSON Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

JK,
    When you receive your machine back or if you receive any information on this matter from Lenovo, could you please pass it on to us in order that we can keep the members updated.

Many Thanks. :)

3. tabletdiehard

tabletdiehard Scribbler - Standard Member

Still no update? Looks pretty scary...

4. mig174

mig174 Scribbler - Standard Member

wait, does this only affect the SXGA+ screen or ALL x61 screens?

5. tabletdiehard

For now I can confirm that the Multitouch XGA screen also have this problem. The glue seems to fail because excessive heat is built up on the bezel, so it is just a matter of time for the symptom to show up.

Maybe the SXGA screen generates more heat, so the LCD is easier to go off. But as time goes on, I believe more XGA users will start to notice the same problem.

6. Toekiller

Toekiller Pen Pal - Newbie

7. mig174

mig174 Scribbler - Standard Member

This may be part of the reason behind the delays on the SXGA+. My guess is many are not passing Quality Control.

If anything, it seems that for MV/MT and XGA, this is less of a problem. But then again, there are probably more SXGA+ users, so we just might hear more about it from them.

8. tabletdiehard

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  9. recycle

recycle Pen Pal - Newbie

That dude needs to oil his tripod!

I'm convinced there is a manufacturing or design problem with the whole X60/1 line in the screen housing. I had the horizontal-line problem on my X60 -- squeezing the case made it disappear. So it seemed like the case was putting some kind of odd pressure on the screen instead of the screen itself being bad.

And considering many people who have had that problem had it repeat with new screens... maybe in the X61 they changed the bezel design only to create this new problem.

Sadly, I don't think this generation of ThinkPad has the same quality as previous ones... :(

10. xkalibur

xkalibur Scribbler - Standard Member

guys, I notice mine is becoming unglued after only a week...

What should we do to fix this?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.