LCD coming off of bezel. Anyone else?

Discussion in 'Lenovo (IBM)' started by gvy, Oct 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dolvich

Dolvich Scribbler - Standard Member

Despite the many problems I've had with my x61t, the LCD coming off the bezel has not been one of them (knock on wood)

2. g2tl

g2tl Scribbler - Standard Member

If I press just above the top-center or just next to the left-center of the bezel, I can make a little gap between the bezel and the screen (how cute)

Sure this is stupid.
    But I think I'll just leave it as I'm just too lazy to do anything :p
    I have a 3yr warranty anyways. I'll get it done later :D

3. Redkulas

Redkulas Tablet Fanatic

I returned my original X61T and ordered a new one. I just got the new one today. I checked the Bezel and its seems intact. I popped my memory and HD from the original and installed it on the new one. Works beautifully. I was up and running in minutes. So far so good.

4. weiqj

weiqj Pen Pal - Newbie

Redkulas,
    I just realized my screen had the same problem. Did you send your X61T for replace? Did your original one has the same lcd problem?

5. Redkulas

Redkulas Tablet Fanatic

The only thing wrong with my original X61T was the bezel. I did not know that is a probable design issue till I read about it here. I would hold on to it if thats the only thing wrong with your X61T. After spending a day with the new one, it too has the same issue. Not as bad as before but I can see it pop abit when I go tablet mode. Like somebody said , we have 3 yrs warranty.

6. Charles P. Jefferies

Charles P. Jefferies Administrator Super Moderator

I noticed that in the morning when I open the lid up, the benzel doesn't come off. However, the bottom of the display gets warm after a while and the glue warms up as well. I think if Lenovo used better glue we wouldn't have this problem.

7. jasonlin

jasonlin Pen Pal - Newbie

I was wondering, is it happening only to X61s or do the X60s also have this problem? They should be the same design no?

8. P8RSON

P8RSON Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

No.. I've not heard of the x60 with this symptom.

9. SimsHsia

SimsHsia "I will do science to it" Senior Member

The only problems I'm aware of with the build design of the X60 (and recently, some users with the X61) is the SXGA+ screen and the intermittent horizontal line problem that affects a small portion of users, nothing a call to Lenovo Tech Support (and verifying they have SXGA+ screen in stock) and get that repaired.

10. weiqj

weiqj Pen Pal - Newbie

It is killing me!
    It only happens in the tablet mode. The gap is becoming wider and wider while the tension accumulates. That's why I didn't noticed it before.
    Anybody tried to get it repaired?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.