LCD coming off of bezel. Anyone else?

Discussion in 'Lenovo (IBM)' started by gvy, Oct 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. P8RSON

P8RSON Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

That is quite a split.
    Have you contacted Lenovo on this?

2. CatcherInTheWhy

CatcherInTheWhy Pen Pal - Newbie

yggdrasil:

I am experiencing the same separation, but on mine, it seems to occur just over the hinge. It's little more than an annoyance right now, but it's kind of ridiculous to experience this kind of build quality after paying so much for a laptop.

I have identical specs. Can this be fixed easily or should it go back to lenovo? I hope it's a quick repair, because otherwise, I love it.

3. P8RSON

P8RSON Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

It needs to go back to Lenovo, otherwise you may jeopardise your warranty in any future claims.

4. smurfonarocket

smurfonarocket Pen Pal - Newbie

I am having the exact same problem in the exact same place on the exact same model, but not to the same extent as you. Have you contacted Lenovo about it yet ?

5. jenarelJAM

jenarelJAM Scribbler - Standard Member

Heh, I didn't even notice it until you posted a pic of yours. Mine is just barely separated, but it's there... I think unless it gets worse, I'm just going to leave it. It's not noticible unless you're looking for it.

6. CatcherInTheWhy

CatcherInTheWhy Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks I'll give 'em a call then. How long does this process usually take?

7. yggdrasil

yggdrasil Scribbler - Standard Member

I noticed the bezel separates even more when I'm opening the screen from a closed position. Whenever force is exerted to the top of the screen (for example when opening the screen or tilting the screen back) it seems like the center hinge is pulling the bezel away from the screen. Seems like a major design flaw in the X61. I wonder how Lenovo will fix this? You'd need some very strong adhesive between the screen and the bezel to withstand the force of the hinge (which is quite stiff).

I just noticed the problem this morning and I'll be contacting Lenovo shortly.

8. hmorgan25

hmorgan25 Pen Pal - Newbie

someone has already brought this up, and i had that problem right from the start almost. a popping noise when opening, and seeing the exact same issue. i really don't feel like sending this thing back ,but i gues i'll have to. did they say how they will fix this? it's such a new system, and I wonder how long it will take.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  9. smurfonarocket

smurfonarocket Pen Pal - Newbie

Ditto here, i have the same problem. I am going to phone them up tomorrow to get it fixed.

10. walkertx

walkertx Pen Pal - Newbie

It is disheartening to see this kind of defect in an IBM tablet. I ordered mine on 6/18 and it shld ship by 7/19. My dilemma is shld i return my tablet without opening the box or shld i open and check if the problem is there. Is this problem present in all of them or only in some.

I am disappointed esp. since i though IBM's bezel kept the dust out from entering into the screen unlike Toshiba and Fujitsu (somebody complained abt dust entering).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.