LCD coming off of bezel. Anyone else?

Discussion in 'Lenovo (IBM)' started by gvy, Oct 19, 2010.

1. weiqj

weiqj Pen Pal - Newbie

Any update on this issue? I have an X61T with the bezel unglue issue. I won't let Lenovo get away from this.

2. TomAK

TomAK Pen Pal - Newbie

I also have this bezel issue, and also a problem with the pen scratches the screen (see http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/showthread.php?t=10932).

I am waiting for a solution to these problems. Did anyone get the bezel issue fixed? If so, how good is Lenovo's solution?

Thanks for any updates !

Tom

3. student

student Scribbler - Standard Member

Yup, I have an sxga screen and my bezel is coming off too. I can't wait for Lenovo's fix.

4. Wedgen

Wedgen Pen Pal - Newbie

I had that problem too. Eventually it caused my screen to have artifacts. At that point i called lenovo and just had them replace the lcd assembly. Works great now. Except i was out my laptop for 2 days.. which, in retrospect was really fast turn around.

Just watch out, if you have problems coming out of suspend, you might have a stuck button on the lcd. That happened to me and drove me crazy!

5. SiX

SiX Pen Pal - Newbie

can anybody confirm that the non-sxga screen doenst have the issue?
    Im gonna buy that one then, i can wait for a fix.

6. g2tl

g2tl Scribbler - Standard Member

I just got my mt-mv x61t back and there's still a gap between the bezel and the screen whenever I open/close the screen.
    The hinge is still crooked, but gives in much less. Hopefully, that doesn't get "weakened" by time.
    I'm going to wait for a review or two of Toshiba's m700 and depending on its battery life, sell my x61t.
    I desperately need touch, but hp's tablet's battery life is sub-par for its weight, and I can't afford Dell's XT.

7. SiX

SiX Pen Pal - Newbie

So Lenovo is still not fixing this ?

8. mreiki

mreiki Pen Pal - Newbie

I have had mine x61T since beginning of november 2007 (XGA screen) ... and i do not have this problem! (7767-b7u)

9. deadlysyphen

deadlysyphen Pen Pal - Newbie

i have the peeling corners problem and the gap problem too. I've had it for like 6 months, which is pretty bad because cracks have begun to form, but only now do I have the time to send it in for repairs.

10. atom

atom Pen Pro - Atomic Member

So was this problem ever fixed? Very interesting read throughout the thread.