LCD coming off of bezel. Anyone else?

Discussion in 'Lenovo (IBM)' started by gvy, Oct 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. doctorcilantro

doctorcilantro Scribbler - Standard Member

They have been shipping the XGA units 9 days after order.

DC

2. specc

specc Pen Pal - Newbie

oh maybe it's because of the shortage of SXVGA+ displays. In canada lenovo, they only have the high resolution screen. they dont have the MT one.

3. hichew

hichew Pen Pal - Newbie

mine is arrived 2 weeks after i placed an order.
    but it came with Multitouch XGA with 1024 x 800 screen resolution which I'm not aware off... and I'm trying to return it to Lenovo and they charge 15% restocking fee.

Guess I'm stuck with it.. unless someone here want to buy?
    It's still new! I only use it for 1 day, and figure out 1024 x 800 is too small for doing programming & design.

SYS.7764CT CONFIGURED SYSTEM 1532.55
    Shipping & Handling: 0.00
    Tax: 136.40
    Total: 1,668.95

*** the maximum configuration + all options ***

42V8010 VBB MS WIN VISTA BUSINESS
    42X0661 SBB MW VISTABUS32 US ENGLISH
    41W2060 VBB 1GB PC2-5300 667MHZ 1DIMM
    42X0133 SBB KEYBOARD US ENGLISH
    42V9154 SBB 100 GB HDD,7200RPM
    42V8193 SBB INTEL TURBO MEMORY 1GB
    42V8177 SBB INT.WIRE.WIFI/LINK4965AGN
    42T6684 SBB THINKPADX60 TABSER8 SL
    41W1787 SBB CPK NORTH AMERICA
    27R1769 SBB PSTN CABLE
    42X0511 SBB LPACK.US ENGLISH

4. SiX

SiX Pen Pal - Newbie

Any news from lenovo yet?

I want to order a x61t; but i dont want the bezel problem.

5. Toekiller

Toekiller Pen Pal - Newbie

Still being investigated.

6. specc

specc Pen Pal - Newbie

Where do they post there investigation information? People say lenovoblogs.com but I can never find where they are.

7. JaneL

JaneL Super Moderator

As far as I know, nothing is being posted publicly by Lenovo at this time. A small group of owners whose tablets were affected by the problem are the test group.

8. hmorsi

hmorsi Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi everyone, I've been following the forums here for a while and just decided to join (partly because the subject of this particular thread is of personal concern:))

I have had my X61T (MT XGA) for a total of 11 days now (it was ordered early September). I just checked the bezel and the problem does not seem to have developed (yet), although judging by the posts in this thread, it seems to be only a matter of time.

I will post updates on how things unfold. Good luck to all.

9. Metatemujin

Metatemujin Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi everyone,

I have the X61T (MT). After prolong use (hours) and the machine has gotten hot, I do see a separation between the bezel and the LCD. It is very slight and would only appear if I either have the machine in tablet mode or the screen tilted very far back from the keyboard. As of right now the separation is very small (only enough for me to faintly see the adhesive), and everything goes back to normal after the machine has cooled. In normal laptop usage, where the screen is not tilted too far back from the keyboard, the separation cannot be seen, no matter how many hours the laptop has been in use. My question is: will the problem get worse over time, or will it remain as is? Input from other x61t (MT) owners who has the same experience, but who have had their tablet for a longer period of time is much appreciated.

10. yggdrasil

yggdrasil Scribbler - Standard Member

I've owned my X61t (SXGA+ model) for several months. I can almost guarantee the gap on your unit will slowly open until the glue separates completely. It will get wider too, eventually spanning the whole bottom end of the screen apart from a few cm on either side. When you push the screen forward and backward you will notice a snapping sound as the adhesive sticks to the screen and pulls away.

I was very disappointed to discover the bezel problem on my unit, but I find it's not a huge issue for me at the moment - it doesn't prevent me from using the tablet to its fullest capacity, and Lenovo is currently working on a solution.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.