Latitude ST Tablet - Tweaks, thoughts and a little more

Discussion in 'Dell' started by excalibur1814, Nov 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. excalibur1814

excalibur1814 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Click my username and on the left it'll have the option to, 'send private message'. Woooo

2. marcel0lowrie

marcel0lowrie Pen Pal - Newbie

Nope I suspect spam protection on new account on part of the forum, and they are rejecting my attempts to send you a throw away email from mailinator.

3. marcel0lowrie

marcel0lowrie Pen Pal - Newbie

cant edit my posts either :(

M8R-xicdgw at mailinator dot com

4. excalibur1814

Message sent to your address. I'd edit that the moment you're able as those spiders are naughty. :)

5. TechFan

TechFan Pen Pal - Newbie

excalibur1814 - I would also like any help on my Latitude ST. Still can't get rotation working. What is this ISO?

6. excalibur1814

It's just a vLite Windows 7 - You'll only really get back hard drive space. It wouldn't fix rotation :(

7. irock_you

irock_you Pen Pal - Newbie

I finally managed to tweak windows 8 to become a little bit stable by disabling all the lousy useless enabled services such as the printer spooler and many many more. I adjusted windows for best performance (and it actually works)!, and also adjusted the best performance setting to aim for "Background services" instead of "Programs"

my concern now is this:
    I'm wondering if there's a way to tweak up the finger touch sensitivity and response time. using the touch keyboard on windows 8 kinda sucks! I set the CPU priority of the touch keyboard to "Real Time" and it's still laggy.

Also, has anyone managed to resolve the blue screen issue every time the tablet wakes up? it's seems that the blue screen is more probable when I recharge the battery while it's suspended (sleeping).

any idea?:confused:

8. irock_you

irock_you Pen Pal - Newbie

ok. So now I disabled the GMA600 Driver from device manager, now my ST is running on Microsoft Basic Display Driver (BasicDisplay.sys) and it's, by far, 10 times smoother and faster!
    here's the source : Intel GMA 3600 / D2500 How to Run On Windows 8 - YouTube

BUT, there's a catch!

*the resolution is distorted (1024x768)

*Metro runs perfectly (but for some applications, there's a glitch)

*touch Keyboard is finally usable, reeeaaally usable... this implies the following point.

*N-trig (sensitivity) is 100% perfect and instant response.

*System Rating (Windows Experience Score): 2.1 without BSOD <--- which is similar to Win7

*no sleep or hibernate modes! (only shutdown and restart)

*Sketchbook Pro is so smooth when using the Stylus for drawing heavy stuff!
    Adobe Photoshop + Gimp run like a charm.. so fast!

*Spkeaing of Charm menu (the sliding menu in the right). you'll notice the improvement immediately.

*HD videos glitch and gitter! (Apparently, everything is running on the Atom CPU and avoiding the GMA600).

*Metro Camera ran with 5MP resolution (no problem.. I took a couple of pictures and were acceptable)

*Bing Maps show the map properly and I could zoom in and out with some difficulties.

* third-party touch screen keyboard (touchpal) is smooth as well (I prefer it over the standard bulky one) - google it, it's free

Conclusion. we can start tweaking Microsoft Basic Display Driver and get the right resolution as a start. but I can't

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.