Latitude ST Tablet - Need a Case

Discussion in 'Dell' started by genesis_tablet, Feb 10, 2012.

1. genesis_tablet

genesis_tablet Pen Pal - Newbie

I have my new Dell Latitude ST Tablet for business because I can install and run my company's software demos on it. I'm working on making the transition from the iPad and outside of the learning curve of using Win7 with the tablet, I'm loving it. What I need is a good case. There are hundreds of choices for the iPad, but I haven't found a single case for the Latitude ST. Ideally, I'd love to find one with a bluetooth keyboard, but any recommendations for a case would be appreciated. A visit to the local Best Buy to try out cases was a bust... they only had one that fit it (designed for a Toshiba), but the cut-outs were in the wrong places and it made the tablet as big as a laptop. Even one of those silicone gel protective cases would be better than nothing.

Thanks for the suggestions!

2. cmergel

cmergel DBA by trade.

3. Techgeek32

Techgeek32 Scribbler - Standard Member

Hi Gang,

I found a better case option for the Dell ST today. I picked up a Targus Leather Case/Stand for the Acer Iconia Tab A500 10.1" at Best Buy today. It was $39 and a much better case than the CaseLogic case that Dell is pushing. It is a tight fit at first but looks like a custom case for the Dell. All the ports are open and it has an adjustable stand so you can stand it up for typing or what not. It is not a super slim case but is much more form fitting than the generic CaseLogic case. Most Best Buys will have it in stock.

4. IRGraham42

IRGraham42 Pen Pal - Newbie

I have gotten a Kensington KeyFolio Pro 2 Universal. The ST fits in this case. It also has a keyboard.

The way the case works is that the side against which the back of the tablet sits is covered with velcro. You get four corner mounts (rubber corenr pieces) with velcro on the back. You put these on the velcro back so as to fit your tablet. Thus it is a universal design for any 10ish inch tablets. The ST fits nicely inside it. It is fairly secure, but you are dealing with velcro and rubber, so it is not super secure. Also I think you have to put the tablet in upside down in order to be able to access the power adapter. Running Win 7 this is not a problem as the screen rotates, but it makes it smidge finicky to access the power/volume/rotation button at the bottom. Also the corners get a bit in the way of the port on the side. I am going to either trim the corners or just put a bunch of velco on the back of the ST so it just sticks to the back (I did this with my IPAD and it worked well)

the other side of the case has a removeable BT keyboard. I like the keyboard. Individual keys, large enough to use and good amount of travel for the keybaords.

Ian Graham

5. piratesmvp04

piratesmvp04 New Tablet PC User