Latitude 10 capable of sdxc? 64 or 128gb?

Discussion in 'Dell' started by ryuu, Mar 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ryuu

ryuu Pen Pal - Newbie

Hey guys,

I have latitude 10 (st-2) and wanted to get a SD to get the desperately needed extra space. But I am not sure if SDXC is supported or only sd cards by this tablet. I have researched quite a bit and only seem to find conflicting info. It only says "SD" only on the dummy card in on it and I asked online on Dell chat and they said that I can only use sd cards up to 32gb. Now thats too low!

So can anyone comment on this especially if you have same tablet and used sdxc of 64 or 128gb? That will be great. Also I have seen some complaining about not able to read at speeds at more than 25mb/s. Is that true? I would prefer to know limitations before I spend $100 bucks on a card.

Thanks in advance!

2. jnjroach

jnjroach Technology Strategist Super Moderator

Moved post to the Dell forum as you are more likely to get a response from an owner.

3. ryuu

ryuu Pen Pal - Newbie

thanks! still figuring out the forum.

4. bizhub55

bizhub55 Pen Pal - Newbie

I am using a Wintec 64GB SDXC card with no issues.

5. iamaven

iamaven Pen Pal - Newbie

Size limitations aren't the issue. The SD reader appears piggybacked to the usb bus so you are limited to less than 25mb/sec total transfer speed. One of the things that disappointed me in the hardware.

6. Bodycount

Bodycount Pen Pal - Newbie

Just got a generic 32GB class 10 card at a local computer store (Microcenter) and it works very well. Mine is a work owned tablet so I'm storing all my personal files on it just in case my boss decides to take the tablet away from me. (movies for my kid, MP3's for me, updated resume in case I see a good job posting lol)

Getting between 21 MB/s and 24 MB/s on average transfer rates. Not bad for a card that I paid $18.99 for. Formatted it NTFS for better speed and larger files can be stored on it.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2013
  7. Nait

Nait Scribbler - Standard Member

I use SanDisk Extreme 128 GB SDXC Class 10 UHS-1 Flash Memory Card 45MB/s SDSDX-128G-X46.
    Amazon.com: SanDisk Extreme 128 GB SDXC Class 10 UHS-1 Flash Memory Card 45MB/s SDSDX-128G-X46: Computers & Accessories
    LT10 uses USB-2, so the speed will be ~20-25MB/sec.
    But I bought quite speed SD card ( 45MB/s) because of it's comfortable to copy video files(mkv) from PC via fast USB-3 adapter(or may be your PC, laptop, ... has USB-3).
    I use SanDisk ImageMate All-in-One USB 3.0 Flash Memory Card Reader (SDDR289A20):
    Amazon.com: SanDisk ImageMate All-in-One USB 3.0 Flash Memory Card Reader (SDDR289A20): Electronics

8. excalibur1814

excalibur1814 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I'm using a Sandisk 128Gb SDXC I 1 class 10 card without issue

9. Ice Bluz

Ice Bluz Pen Pal - Newbie

Is there a way to have it as a folder on the c drive? I am using a 64gb sdxc card and it's reading it as the d drive. Is there a way to use it to store apps in addition to data files? Not an uber geek but can do basic stuff.

10. iamaven

iamaven Pen Pal - Newbie

Symlinks should get you what you want. There are tools to create these if you don't feel comfortable with the command line.