Latest update "bricked" SP2

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by Kumabjorn, Apr 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn ***** is back Senior Member

I was using 10049 and then had a major upgrade downloading yesterday (whole OS install with upgrading apps from the Store). Once it boots up again, and I have tried it a few times, I get past the churning Welcome Wheel at sign in, then I get a black screen with mouse cursor and after a while I get a small window in the upper left corner with "Personalized Settings (Not Responding) and there it stops. Task Manager does nothing, there is no Personalized Settings process that I can end. Since I can't get in I can't report the problem to the Insider Feedback either.

2. penname

penname Scribbler - Standard Member

I had the exact same problem trying to upgrade build 10049 on my ElitePad 900 G1. After messing around with it for weeks with extensive Googling, I decided I was just going to rebuild from scratch. I delayed the rebuild long enough that it made sense to wait until the production Windows 10 is released next month.

For now I've gone back to Windows 8.1. And was surprised to discover that for tablet use there are a lot of things I think 8.1 works better than 10. But on my desktop Windows 10 test VM, Windows 10 worked a whole lot better for me than 8.1.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.