Latest Tech Preview includes OneNote for Office touch

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by JoeS, Jan 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JoeS

JoeS I'm all ears Senior Member

2. jnjroach

jnjroach Technology Strategist Super Moderator

And now you have seen the esthetic of the rest of the Office Touch SKUs that we'll see in the next couple of months...they are really cool :)

3. JoeS

JoeS I'm all ears Senior Member

Definitely quite nice. I could do with a 30% smaller menu bar though, the huge font looks a little silly on my SP2. Or maybe it's a DPI setting.

4. jhoff80

jhoff80 Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

Eh, the OneNote app is still completely missing all of the unique features of OneNote. Nicer interface, yes. ...But still no actual reason to use it (and I hope the same doesn't happen to all of the other touch Office apps too).

5. dceggert

dceggert Owner of a TabletPC Museum Senior Member

Okay, they lost me... The 'hamburger' button? OneNote makes hamburgers and I missed this feature all this time? Now I'm hungry too. I can't even have hamburgers anymore due to that terrible hidden ingredient called cholesterol :(

cliffr39 likes this.
  6. jnjroach

The Touch Versions of Office is not targeted for those using full size desktop capable machines, they are designed for Keyboard-less 4-8" Tablets especially any using the Mobile SKU that will not have the desktop. They are companion apps.

7. jhoff80

jhoff80 Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

I'm sure that's the reasoning, but I find it dumb. They should be focused on making the full-featured Office suite into a Universal app. It's already 3/4 of the way there for touch anyway. What they need to do is clean up the rest, make it into a Universal app, and improve on its responsive design. The way they're doing it means there's going to be two versions of every app for the foreseeable future... and that was one of the huge problems with Windows 8 in the first place.

Besides, I don't consider handwriting recognition to be something that's bad to have on a companion app... or recording audio and taking notes at the same time.

But hey, what do I know? :D

8. jnjroach

These Apps when shipped with RTM will be pretty full featured, but to what level I'm not at liberty to say....

9. Tourniquet

Tourniquet Scribbler - Standard Member

Wow the new OneNote is awesome on the Dell Venue 8 Pro.
    The new ink smoothing works so well, that the Synaptics pen is almost as good as N-Trig when inking in the new OneNote (tested in Build 10122). Did you guys noticed that too?
    Im just wondering why OneNote 2016 Preview doesnt work as well. There should be an option to get the same ink smoothing option there too!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.