Latest Drivers for the tm2t.

Discussion in 'HP TouchSmart TM2 (Wacom)' started by SDreamer, May 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SDreamer

SDreamer Scribbler - Standard Member

Note: Finals week, I'll get around more after this week.

It seems that this generation of HP laptops has a lot in common with others in the same generation. I've been looking at tabletpcreview's sister site, notebookreview and the HP subforum has a dedicated forum to drivers. I find that the drivers thread for the dm4-1xxx, dv5-2xxx, etc, are pretty close. The link is:
    [Drivers] HP dm4-1XXX / dv5-2XXX / G32 / CQ32 / ENVY 14 (INTEL). I'll give it a shot to keep our drivers updated. My config doesn't have the ATI card so I won't be able to install/update those, also this is for the tm2t-2100

Update Log
    - June 23, 2011: Updated - Intel HD Graphics, Intel Rapid Storage Technology (SATA AHCI). Added - Intel Turbo Boost Technology, IDT High Definition Audio Codec, Wacom Digitizer

USE AT YOUR OWN RISK

System Drivers

Intel Chipset Device Software
    • To ensure that all device drivers are updated, simply execute the downloaded setup file using the -overall parameter.
      • Example: If you saved the downloaded file as infinst911autol.exe to the root directory of C: drive, you can launch the Run command (Windows key + R) and insert "C:\infinst911autol.exe -overall" in the Open field (without the quotes). Press OK to begin the interactive installation process.
    • Starting with Intel Chipset Device Software package version 9.2.0.1016, the Intel Rapid Storage Technology driver may become overwritten with the driver that exists in the package if it is installed. Should such an instance occur, reinstall the Intel Rapid Storage Technology driver afterwards.
    Latest [9.2.0.1030 (Apr 25, 2011)]
    Stock 9.1.2.1007 (Aug 13, 2010)

Intel Rapid Storage Technology (SATA AHCI)
    • Intel Rapid Storage Technology is the new name that replaces the Intel Matrix Storage Manager.
    • It is highly recommended that you install this even if RAID is not configured on your system. See Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (Intel® RST) - Product overview for more information.
    • If you are having problems with the Interactive Setup wizard, use the INF Install method instead. This allows the driver to be installed using the Device Manager - Update Driver wizard. Once the driver is installed, you can try the Interactive Setup wizard again to ensure that the software is correctly installed.
    Latest 10.1.2.1004 (Jun 14, 2011)
    Stock [1.00A (Jun 4, 2010)]

Intel Turbo Boost Technology
    • It is strongly recommended that you remove all previous versions of the Intel Turbo Boost Technology driver before installing the newest version.
    • Only install this if your notebook has an Intel Core i5 mobile processor! Do not install this on notebooks with a Core i3 mobile processor.[/COLOR]
      [*]Further technical release notes are documented by Intel and are included in the driver package.

Latest 1.2.0.1002 (Jul 07, 2010)
    Stock [(Nov 5, 2010)]

Intel HD Graphics
    • Do not install this if your notebook contains an ATI/AMD graphics card! This driver package is compatible only with notebooks that have an Intel 5-series or 6-series motherboard chipset with integrated graphics technology.
    • It is strongly recommended that you remove all previous versions of the Intel graphics driver prior to installing the newest version.
    • In addition to the graphics driver, these packages include the following components and will be installed as necessary depending on your system configuration:
      • Intel HDMI Audio driver
      • Intel Control Center software]
      • Intel Turbo Boost Technology driver
    • Driver packages originating from Intel are also provided in ZIP file format as an alterative to the executable format (as provided below). See http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Sear...01&FamilyId=39 for details.
    Latest [8.15.10.2361 (15.22.1[.64].2361) 6.14.0.3074 (Audio) (Jun 19, 2011)]
    Stock [8.15.10.2189 (Nov 5, 2010)]

IDT High Definition Audio Codec
    • Although not required, it is recommended that you remove any previous versions of the driver before installing the newest version.
    Latest [6.10.6330.0 (Jun 15, 2011)]
    Stock [8.15.10.2189 (Nov 5, 2010)]

Wacom Digitizer
    • It is recommended that you remove any previous versions of the driver before installing the newest version.
    Latest [7.0.1R8 (Sept 21, 2010)]
    Stock [(Nov 5, 2010)]

Synaptics Touchpad
    Latest (15.16.6)
    ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp53001-53500/sp53265.html
    ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp53001-53500/sp53265.cva
    ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp53001-53500/sp53265.exe
    * Notes
    Rollback
    Stock (15.1.16.64)
    ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp50501-51000/sp50644.exe

Misc. Software/Drivers
    TwoFingerScroll (1.08)
    - Makes two finger scrolling super smooth, and allows multi-finger tap gestures.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  2. SDreamer

New Synaptics Touchpad Drivers 15.2.16.6 out for HP laptops. Seems compatible with the tm2t (I've installed it over the previous version 15.2.8). Not sure why the version numbers are different.

New features I've noticed
    • Latest settings interface.
    • Coasting mimics inertial scrolling (noticable with flick motions for scrolling). Hit or miss when trying to use this. Seems to work only in Internet Explorer 9 from what I've tried. Explorer is pretty choppy.
    • Two finger scrolling sensitivity seems increased as well.

3. Seketh

Seketh Moderator Moderator

I was thinking on creating an updated drivers thread. Would you allow me to edit your first post later on with the drivers people post? You could also keep your post updated.

Anyway, my contribution:

Updated AMD/Intel switchable driver package:

Zippyshare.com - ATI_11.5_W7x64_Alien9_switchable_v4.exe

This contains Catalyst 11.5 and Intel 8.15.10.2302. These Intel drivers have lots of fixes and enable HW acceleration in Internet Explorer 9.

WARNING: These drivers must bypass Windows x64 driver signing by enabling driver test mode. This results in a watermark like this:

[​IMG].

You can remove this watermark by googling an utility called "Windows 7 x64 Watermark Remover".

Installation Instructions:

Use the supplied installer. You can install these on top of your old drivers, however, this might create some issues.

In order to do a clean install (fully removing old drivers), follow these steps:

1) Download and install Driver Sweeper.
    2) Uninstall the ATI Catalyst drivers (You MUST uninstall the drivers with the AMD GPU ON)
    3) Reboot
    4) Run Driver Sweeper. Select "AMD - Display" and click "Clean".
    5) Reboot
    6) If you correctly uninstalled the drivers, Windows will now start with a lower display resolution. Install the Alien9 AMD driver package. Make sure to click customize on the AMD installer and select every checkbox.
    7) Reboot
    8) Run the installer again to install the AMD HDMI audio driver. (Again, choose customize to make sure this will be installed)

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  4. SDreamer

@Seketh Sure, I don't mind, probably be a better way to keep things updated. Thanks!

5. thingemajib

thingemajib Pen Pal - Newbie

after a format and reinstall of windows, i finally got switchable graphics working with a later driver than HP's one using the 11.5 cats posted above. However, i seem to have a slight problem when using the intel gpu, any embedded flash (ie, ads at the side of the page, youtube clips on facebook/forums) seems to flicker consistently and display itself prettyh much wherever it pleases (sometimes its in the middle of the screen, sometimes its in a corner etc).

Any thoughts? Using ie9 with and without compatability mode )makes no difference)

Ati gpu is unaffected.

6. deyanimay

deyanimay Scribbler - Standard Member

Try disabling hardware acceleration in the flash settings.

7. SDreamer

Has anyone had any success updating their Fingerprint reader drivers? I haven't had much luck.

8. thingemajib

Nope, no different. Have restarted ie9, but not rebooted the system yet (will report back later)

i used the drivers from the envy link in the OP after the clean install. Seem to work fine for me.

9. thingemajib

it would appear that the latest flash update has fixed my problem...

10. SDreamer

Oh yeah, I didn't realize it did that to advertisments, I'm using a host file to block all that stuff, I did notice it on some websites, but it always displayed the video players in the upper left, not just all over the place.